Empress to Bermuda Oct 7 / small ship?

Knatz

My last cruise was on the Navigator 3 years ago. Considering the Empress to Bermuda 10/7. I'm concerned at only 48,000 tons how the ship handles in the Atlantic. Heard good things about this ship. any thoughts?

You didn't say where you are sailing from. The Empress is a small ship and if you sail from New York, New Jersey or Philly you always run a chance that you will have rough seas. Take Bonine before you leave and a day or two while sailing and you should be ok. I am not prone to sea sickness, so the motion is never a problem.

We were on the Empress two years ago to Bermuda. It was our first cruise and had nothing to compare the ship with. Let me tell you the ship was very, very clean, food outstanding, service excellent. The ship is not huge but big enough to venture around with no problem. We had one day with some rough waters and the ship handled well. DH and I started to get seasick but we took some dramaine and was fine.....Would not hesitate to cruise her again. 10/7 leaves from Philly. Our ship Zenith will be in Bermuda the same time the Empress will be. Go & have fun!

Debbie

The Empress is living from Norfolk, Va next year. I wish Celebrity had not pulled their ships from Norfolk. The EOS is about the size of the Zenith and the old Horizon.It is a great size for going to Bermuda being that they are small enough to pull right into Port in Hamilton and St. George.

I was on the Summit to Hawaii in march several people including myself had he accupussure braclets on, they really work for me. The Summit is a much larger ship so I am going to well prepared. I can not take any over the counter meds they make me really sick. Try them before you go.

You should consider the itinerary if you are going to Bermuda. The Empress leaves Bermuda early in the morning, the fourth day in Bermuda so you can't really go ashore. The Zenith leaves Bermuda at 3:00 in the afternoon, the fourth day in Bermuda so you have almost an extra day to spend in Bermuda. The Zenith and the Empress are about the same size. However, the standard cabins on the Zenith are bigger and the Zenith cabins have the traditionally larger bathroom and larger shower. We just did the Bermuda trip on Zenith this past July and had a great time. For the Bermuda run I would pick the Zenith over the Empress.

Archived