Ship on Commercial

ESR24

The Exterior is the Victory, I have taped it and played it back really slowly just to be sure. I understood from a previous poster that the couple dancing near the table may be in a supper club. There is NO supper club on the victory that is why I said poss a Victory Composite. So it may be several ships.

The following is NOT a commentary on the type of people that sail on Carnival - we've all read those threads... but:

I have YET to be on a cruise with people which resemble the groups that they show on their commercials.:confused: I know, I know, ALL commercials are that way!

Just something that comes to mind when I see those commercials.

I can see where SOME PEOPLE (yes, the shallow ones) might take a Carnival cruise expecting nothing but "beautiful people" and then... well, I have read those reviews also. You know the reviews, the ones that say "POSTS: 1" in the upper right hand corner :rolleyes:

Tom

The following is NOT a commentary on the type of people that sail on Carnival - we've all read those threads... but:

I have YET to be on a cruise with people which resemble the groups that they show on their commercials.:confused: I know, I know, ALL commercials are that way!

Tom

I have yet to eat a burger at a burger joint that looked like the burgers on the commercials...

If you look closely, the shot on the jogging track, the funnel in the background is a Spirit funnel, and the dancing shot at the end is in a Spirit class supper club. You can see the windows above. I'll let you know in Jan if it is the Legend or not.:D The rest of the exterior shots are Victory though.

Jess

I can see where SOME PEOPLE (yes, the shallow ones) might take a Carnival cruise expecting nothing but "beautiful people" and then... well, I have read those reviews also. You know the reviews, the ones that say "POSTS: 1" in the upper right hand corner :rolleyes:

Tom

Excellent! Except there are some (one) "beautiful people" that love to show how much they know in their posts! ;)

Tom

:) My sister always gets a chuckle at cruise commercials, so much of the cool fun stuff they show are the shore excursions or cost extra

Cheryl pointed out to me last night:

When they are pouring the wine for the couple - the wine is poured directly out of the bottle.... whereas in real life they first pour into a small glass (carafe), and then into yours (when at a bar)...

ahhhh... so glamorous!

Tom

I would like to note that there are 3 different versions of the Carnival commercial. All of them generally have the same exterior scenes, but all have different interior scenes.

For example, the commercial which follows the older couple around the ship was entirely shot onboard the Carnival Legend. If you look carefully you can recognize the pattern of lights in the dining room scene, resembling the Truffles Restaurant, as well as the brief clip of the Vegas style show, which resembles was of the last scenes of the show Take II.

Archived