I have a crazy question...

MamaParrotHead

Who here has actually PURCHASED any of the pictures they take while you're seated at the dinner table? To me, it irks me on many levels. First of all, there is no flattering angle when you're shooting people akwardly smooshing together on one side of the table. Secondly, I really don't want to pay $10-$20 for a photo of me with dirty dishes and half-eaten food in front of me, nor ones with food in my mouth (or, god forbid, on my face that I may have missed with my napkin). :D And lastly, but most importantly, I think it's kind of rude, and don't want to support that practice.

I purchase one on nearly every cruise... none of mine have dirty dishes in them... maybe you got a bad photographer? I've never had them deny me the pleasure of finishing the food in my mouth before snapping the pic either, LOL.

On my Paradise cruise in August. It's of my 2 kids 18 & 12 and they actually look like they like each other!:D The only food type item showing is a can of soda, which my son thought was cool, because he can only get it on a cruise.

Depends on who it is and how good the picture is in opinion. It is one of the best of the 2 of them together I have~

Happy Cruising!

I purchased dinner pictures on both of my cruises. On my last cruise, I was with my dd and dm and the formal dinner photo really turned out nice, probably one of the best of the cruise! I do, however, take a camera with me everywhere I go, because you just never know when you might need it!:rolleyes:

I have purchased a dinner photo on each of my 2 cruises. Believe it or not, they were 2 of the best photos of our family from each cruise. We have lots of the formal photos taken at different stations around the ship, both on formal nights and casual nights. I spend WAY too much on photos! ;)

I'm not thrilled about the dinner pictures most of the time, but I will admit that *I* was the one who made my family scrunch around that table on an Alaska family reunion cruise we took two years ago! It was one of those rare moments when we were all together, and I wanted to capture it. I bought the picture, too, and love it!

What gets me more than anything are the embarkation pictures. I want to get on the ship and start the vacation, and what is holding everyone back? The embarkation pictures.

Has anyone ever just walked up to the front and said they didn't want their picture taken? I know this is very "junior high" of me, but I'm afraid to do it and have people think I'm...cutting!:rolleyes: Jean

I have dinner photos from each of our cruises and just looked again at them to see and NONE of them have food in the picture. I have some of the best ones that were taken at dinner!

If you tell the photographer you don't want a picture they will listen, we sat with 2 ladies last cruise that didn't want theirs taken and the photographer was very nice when they said no.

I also love the embarkation ones, everyone looks so happy to be boarding, at least my family does!

All I can say is, don't buy them if you don't want them.

We bought one of the dinner photos from the first night of our Miracle cruise last week. I thought it would be terrible - we had been up since 4am for our early flight, no makeup on me since it was all in the checked luggage and it turned out to be one of our favorites of the cruise. We both look completely happy and relaxed. And I usually hate photos of myself. No food or dishes in the picture at all. Also, not $20 - i think it was one of the small sizes for $6 or $7.

Well like everything else , you don't have to participate if you don't want to. You just politly let the photographer know that you don't want your picture taken, they are more then happy to oblige! The debark and embark pictures can be a little annoying but we got a great family pic on our last cruise with all of our custom made T-shirts on during the emark pics...... small incovienience really..........I don't really mind. Don't sweat the small stuff is my suggestion!

We have cruised with my son's best friend's family for the last three years. (They are also our best friends) About the only nice picture we get with just the two boys is at dinner. They are a "captive" audience. Each of the pictures have turned out great, and it is so fun to see the changes in both of them from 13 to 14 to 15. As a bonus, they are also dressed nice since it seems they take them on formal night.

I actually have purchased them on 3 ocassions. One was a great photo of my mom and sister who lived in another state so we hardly ever saw them, and two were group shots of all the people at the table that has been priceless over the years because I ended up staying in contact with these people.

Never have there been dirty dishes etc in the photos. Always very nicely done photos.

What I dislike is having to purchase an 8 x 10 so that I can have a 5 x 7. Just returned from Dawn Princess and what they do is do all the formal photos as 5 x 7 (or 6 x 8 forget which it is) and charged $21.95. Then tell you that if you would prefer an 8 x 10 they will print it for the same charge and dump/throw away the smaller photo. Didn't make sense to me. When I questioned having to pay the same price no matter what the size, I was told that it was because they are professional photos!!!! and that they did this because some people preferred the smaller size photo. Then if a photo is considered a casual photo the price for the smaller version is only $9.95.

I've never been able to walk off a ship without buying at least 2 photos. And I must admit they have taken some good ones of us. I just think they overall they are a bit overpriced. BUT it is my choice to buy or not and I've never felt forced into it.

By far the worst picture taken of me last week was at dinner when someone walked up behind me and dropped a blue velvet sombrero on my head and a photograher snapped a picture of my dumbfounded look. They got my husband beside me the same way. It was really annoying. :mad:

I'd rather take our own dinner pictures. :)

1835591674_CruiseDay6and7037BestTableEverSm.jpg.81b1a2b8d01d51c4e12a08800543e03f.jpg

We've purchased a few .....first one was the DH and I ....One pic of me kissing his cheek, the next, ..I'm kissing his. The others we've bought we were with family, ...they did a great job, ..no table in sight. 3rd, ..we had the best group on our tahitian cruise and bought one of all 8 of us so that we could remember our newly found friends and our waiters who were awesome!!

I don't mind the dinner pictures so much -- it's those "single" pictures that irk me. I swear, I must have had just my picture taken by the Carnival Paradise photographers at least 5 times over the course of a three day weekend. Who wants a picutre of just you? If they had let my boyfriend in the picture, perhaps I would have bought them -- but they were very clear -- "no just one person in the picture." I heard lots of other people grumbling about that practice, too.

Anyone else have this problem?

Has anyone ever just walked up to the front and said they didn't want their picture taken? I know this is very "junior high" of me, but I'm afraid to do it and have people think I'm...cutting!:rolleyes: Jean

We don't pass people, but we do just walk by when it's our turn and politely say that we wouldn't be buying it anyway. It's never been a problem. We do the same thing when getting off at ports.

Archived