Towel Human?!?!

RSVE821

Guest LoveMyBoxer
This towel human was awaiting us upon returning to our cabin on the Norwegian Star thanks to Garry our steward. A first in 16 cruises!

Bob

LOL, that is soo funny. Didn't it scare you at first? It would freak me out a little if I walked in by myself!!

Our cabin steward did something similar on our Jewel Transatlantic trip in April/May this year. He also knew us pretty well by that time as a drink glass was in the one hand with a bottle of booze placed in the other. LOL It was fun to see something a little new and different than the standard animals.

I just saw the following thread....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=419202

It was a towel human or towel animal that a room steward created.

We spend a big effort on making on these boards about tipping,don't remove,remove,tip extra,ect,ect.But who cares about environment.

I thought cruising was a part of ones love of the sea's but the waste that we create,specifically water and detergent that goes into washing towels and being dumped into our sea's just disgust's me when I see a massive waste of towels to creat something like this:( .I know everyone is going to say that they fold them up and use them.I doubt it.When you stumble back to your room at 2am and get a good laugh at the towel animal you toss it onto the floor and sleep it off.

Steve

I can guarantee you two things.

1. The towels will be used.

2. There will be no stumbling into our room at 2 AM.

I do not think clean towels every day are a necessity. We don't change out our towels that often at home. They get used for several days under normal use.

This post is a joke right???:) If not then you have way too much free time on your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!

No its not a joke,its a waste. Ever see those little signs that state, On the rack I will use it again,on the floor replace?

Just because we get a laugh out of it does not make it right.If something is harmfull to something then we should not laugh. I guess throwing a cigarette butt into the sea is OK?

Save our sea's !!!

Steve

I sure thought the posting was a joke. But, if you are serious...

Or more important, if your REAL posting is about the waste created when washing towels that are basically clean, you have a good point. We travel often, and ALWAYS follow the rules that are posted to avoid washing towels or linens that do not need washing. We have experienced way too often in both hotels and on ships that the staff does not follow the posted rules. We hang up the towel to find they change them out anyways.

Back to the towel animals. Not sure about YOU, but we we alway USE the towels. At bedtime, after enjoying our little animal, we place the towels in the bathroom. We do NOT throw them on the floor and sleep it off.

Great idea.

We should start a petition that only used towels should be used for "Dirty Towel Monsters"

Ok here is a question

After a shower you are clean. If you dry yourself with towel it also should still be clean but wet. All you have to do is hang it on your balcony to dry.

Then the towels will be ready for the next round of guests

Wow.... Steve, what kind of car do you drive? I hope its a full on electric vehicle, not just a hybrid because those still polute. Heck, you should probably stop cruising, lets think about all the emisions todays HUGE ships put into the ocean.

Hey... have you ever dropped trash when you walked and not bothered to clean it up? Basically the same thing, I'd say: Use the towels, and continue letting stewards create towel animals.

OP - dont let the people upset you! Everyone has an opinion. It was a great post and I cant wait to use my dirty/clean towels that are stuffed into my shoes to make human towel art! I hope I get towel animals every night!

By the way...all those apposed to towel animals because the constant washing of towels polute our waters....can you all stay away from the pools on the boat, that will be a seat for me and one less pool towel to wash so I can have my animals!:D

Archived