Sky and Royal Suites on New Century?

Olive

I'm thinking of piggy-backing another cruise onto one already booked. The new Century is intriguing, to day the least! I read that the balcony size rnages from 69 sq. feet to nearly double that. Does anyone know sky suites have the larger balconies? Does anyone have photos of the sky suite bathrooms? I am also looking into the royal suites. They are quite a bit more expensive, but I have a feeling it might be worth it. I have sailed in the family oceanview staterooms on the Galaxy on concierge class on Constellation and Millennium, but I'm sure the royal suite is far more special. Does anyone have any pictures of the new royals?

Thanks in advance! I love vacation planning...

I'm thinking of piggy-backing another cruise onto one already booked. The new Century is intriguing, to day the least! I read that the balcony size rnages from 69 sq. feet to nearly double that. Does anyone know sky suites have the larger balconies? Does anyone have photos of the sky suite bathrooms? I am also looking into the royal suites. They are quite a bit more expensive, but I have a feeling it might be worth it. I have sailed in the family oceanview staterooms on the Galaxy on concierge class on Constellation and Millennium, but I'm sure the royal suite is far more special. Does anyone have any pictures of the new royals?

Thanks in advance! I love vacation planning...

Was on Century recently, inside cabin this trip but last time I sailed this ship was in a Royal suite (pre refurbishment) and if you want luxury this is it! Have old photos ...could scan once I track down which album they are in.

Main room entered from foyer, dining area, sitting area, and separate bedroom with dressing room off , and bathroom with hisn'her basins , shower stall and jacuzzi bath etc etc, long skinny balcony. Butler of course...you tip extra.

If you can afford it, worth considering special occasion!

Thanks for the response! Even pictures of the pre-refurbished Century royal will be helpful. The balcony clearly hasn't changed, and I would love to see that. I'm only sorry that there aren't any royal afts. The price difference between the sky and royal is significant - over $500 pp - but I will be off the study and then sit for the NY bar as of early December, so I will have even less time to spend with my SO. Not sure when I will have the time to take a relaxing vacation post-bar, as work is quite busy as it is. I may decide after friends have determined whether they will be able to join us. The royal certainly has the space to accommodate a small group of 6 or 8 for pre- or post-dinner cocktails!

Thanks again!

The sky suites on Century on the 12 deck have the enlarge balcony. It is great as long as the weater is good. I will attach some photos of our cabin but I did not take any of the bathroom. We were in a old Sky suite and the bathroon had not changed. Regular sink, jetted tub, small but very useable.

Good hair dryer also.

229726430_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-16.jpg.4a944422db082f585f15b838f199f09f.jpg

1327936790_TaquinaTuscaniaItaly-04.jpg.244e2fbb74c3ea9d7b053b6201183616.jpg

Thanks for the response! Even pictures of the pre-refurbished Century royal will be helpful. The balcony clearly hasn't changed, and I would love to see that. I'm only sorry that there aren't any royal afts. The price difference between the sky and royal is significant - over $500 pp - but I will be off the study and then sit for the NY bar as of early December, so I will have even less time to spend with my SO. Not sure when I will have the time to take a relaxing vacation post-bar, as work is quite busy as it is. I may decide after friends have determined whether they will be able to join us. The royal certainly has the space to accommodate a small group of 6 or 8 for pre- or post-dinner cocktails!

Thanks again!

have found the album....scanned the photos ready to send ....but don't know how to post them on here... new to cruisecritic ...only basic computing skills...if you want to see them you would need to send me your email and I can attempt to scan to you personally from my computer.Don't think they would have done much to the royal suites in upgrade as they already were pretty impressive......but I was very pleasantly surprised with the storage in the inside cabin we had this trip ..very generous. Other cruise critics could confirm... we had a "cabin crawl" and our "inside" was made available for them to visit.

Thanks again!

Sorry Olive, tried to make a further comment but it doesn't seem to show on the board as a response ..... perhaps I did something wrong?

You can always email me direct on

yvonnebarrie@btopenworld.com if you want me to scan those photos direct to you ..that way you can see what you would be buying if you ever decide to cruise in these cabins.

You can send pictures to me at poppa.fuentes@gmail.com . That account should be fine with handling large files. I don't know how to post pictures on the board, either. This is so exciting!

Have tried to email those photos to you at the address on your direct email..didn't notice the above post ...sorry! if they don't arrive with you I'll send again to the above address ..let me know on my direct email what you get if anything... I'll try to help if I can..it's a big cash investment booking a Royal suite so you want all the relevant info you can get before you decide!

Thanks for all the pictures of the sky and royal suites. I still haven't decided what to do, but the pictures are a great help. Whatever we decide, I'll try to figure out how to post photos when we get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I ended up booking a different cruise for that time, but am looking at Century for 2007. There is only one sky suite left on deck 12, 1203, which I think is smaller than the other sky suites, and the price jumpts up over $800 to upgrade to the royal on this cruise. I think my boyfriend and I will be cruising with some friends this time, but still not sure whether to go for the royal, especially since the price difference is so much greater for this one. Does anyone have any particular experience with 1203? I was considering the century suites as well since I love aft cabins, but read someone's post on this board about roaches in the century suites and now I'm a bit scared of them.

The sky suites on Century on the 12 deck have the enlarge balcony.

This is true for now, but at some point they may extend the deck 10 balconies and they will then be about double the size they are now.

It would have been done last spring, but the new balconies welded to the side weren't reinforced for dividers at the right spacing for suites. They prefabricated everything with the width of standard cabins in mind.

Oops.

I can always change cabins, but for now we are booked in a sky suite, 1205. I put the deposit down but haven't paid in full in case the price drops or we choose to move to an aft balcony or a royal suite. Does anyone have photos of the sky suites on 12 post-refurnishment? I will start a new thread on this just in case people are less liekly to see this one. I saw what is posted on the century website, but it looks like that might be of a deck 10 suite. Is it true that the dek 12 sky suites have not been refurbished?

The pictures I sent you about the Sky Suite was from Deck 12/ Sky deck.

They had the new TV and pillows and duvet. Plus the new bed.

All they did not do was put in a new bathroom, like the new sky suites have.

But the old ones have a jetted tub.

All the sky suites were referbished just not new bathrooms, the ones on the sky deck have the larger balconies.

You will like 1205 it is just like the one I sent 1210 just opposite side of the ship.

Francine

124238479_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-16.jpg.9993748ef1191b467810aa524cb36624.jpg

2094576827_TaquinaTuscaniaItaly-04.jpg.18d0e820011a463c4eddbecedb6d6536.jpg

985536741_OnBoardtheCentury9_2_06-15.jpg.fa56d6801ec52ae77893ff02f5079707.jpg

Archived