Seadream II out of Rome in a few days w/????

Kenya

Thank you for reading and responding to my questions those who have taken this ship. I am meeting a boyfriend in Rome and taking this ship up to Capri,Portofino,Montecarlo, Settes and then to end in Barcelona. It leaves on Saturday. I get the sense that a few companies have chartered the ship for customers-clients sort of thing. I have only traveled in Suites on Celebrity through the canal and Carribean. It says business casual, but what does that really mean everynight at dinner? For me, a silk blouse, skirt and heels? or does that mean casual slacks and top, but no jeans? Or does it include designer jeans? Neither of us had the time to look at any of the excursions offerred before we left. And now I have been in Europe 2 weeks already. So I am trying to pack and decide what to leave clothes wise at a friends house. Are the docks far on all these ports or can we just walk off and see most of these spots in a 10 mile walk to is a taxi preferred anywere or rental car? I have been to Portofino, M.C. but not the rest. Is Capri Isle the type of thing you want to rent a car to drive around? And does no tipping mean really, no tipping? Hard concept to get used to. Are the beds still not as nice?

Regarding Spa- does anyone know if they have the capability to do acrylic nails? It does not indicate that on the spa brochure.

We ship out Saturday night so I have a few days to get all your opinions and I thank you for taking the time to give me some suggestions.

First Timer on Sea Dream II

Shannon

Shannon,

I haven't sailed the itinerary that you have mentioned but I have sailed on SD twice and LOVED it!

In terms of dress for dinner ... definitely NO JEANS. You will be fine with a nice tops, skirts and dress pants. You don't need heels but dressy sandals will work well.

No tipping means NO TIPPING! And service will be outstanding.

We haven't had an issue with the beds so I am not sure of your concern. The suites are quite lovely ... and you will find that you will spend most of your time on deck.

I have had an acrylic nail repaired on board ... they do pedicures and manicures. Not sure about a full set of acrylics though.

I am others will be able to answer the rest of your questions!

Relax, you will have an incredible time.

You will come right off the ship to Piazza Vittoria on the island of Capri.

The tour decision is doing the blue grotto or going to anacapri on your own

shopping and lunch in Anacapri woudl be highly recommended, you more than likely will want to skip the blue grotto excursion if you are experienced travelers....To get there you can take the funcular up the mountain or hop in an open air car for a fun ride up...the funicular sounds nice but it is usually crowded and impossible to get back down on....I would recommend the car service if the weather is nice...it is possible to walk down and we love to do that as we are athletic and would highly recommend if you can...you see interesting little houses netx to thesteps, some decorated in religious themes, some with flowers everywhere...walking up, well lets just say I dont know anyone that athletic...

You will find lots of boutiques, souvenier shops and small restaurants on anacapri, I usually schedule lunch at one of the two major hotels there the Q (Quisisana) or The Capri Palace, the Q is right in town and the food is great but the Palace has some awesome views

Also a great day to head back to the ship early to recline on a balinese bed and look out on the magnificent island ask one of the bartenders to soak a watermelon full of vodka teh night before and they will have it all ready for your return

Portofino, I am so jealous, have a great time, I just looked at our pictures from our last lunch at Splendido, wow!

Archived