Fantasy Out Of New Orleans

Shooshoo

We Will Be On The Fantasy Leaving New Orleans On Monday, November 13th. Anxious To Hear Comments About This Ship And Its Crew. Anyone Else Going On This Cruise? We Will Be Arriving In New Orleans On Saturday, November 11th, Via Amtrak And Staying At The Saint Louis Hotel For Two Nights. Any Suggestions On Things To Do In New Orleans?

We Will Be On The Fantasy Leaving New Orleans On Monday, November 13th. Anxious To Hear Comments About This Ship And Its Crew. Anyone Else Going On This Cruise? We Will Be Arriving In New Orleans On Saturday, November 11th, Via Amtrak And Staying At The Saint Louis Hotel For Two Nights. Any Suggestions On Things To Do In New Orleans?

To see who else is on your ship - go to the roll call forum for the Fantasy

To read tons of information about your ship type "Fantasy Review" into the search this forum link.

To learn about what people are doing in New Orleans - google it...

First of all, you will have a wonderful time. If things go as I have heard, Big Tex will be your CD and "Noonan" will be your Assistant CD. We sailed on the Fantasy back in 2003 and had a great time. We are booked for December 21st.

Suggestions for New Orleans...whew....where to begin. Beignets are a requirement. If you will go to the Gulf Coast Departure boards you will see some other restaurant recommendations for New Orleans. The Quarter is basically all intact...so no worries there. Friends just went to the Saints football game there Monday night. They stayed at The Lowe's and had a wonderful time. They were shocked to see the elder President Bush doing the coin toss at the game. They had no idea they would get to see him.

The Fantasy itself is a good size ship. Not to big...not to small. Easy to get around. You will have a great cruise!

Ooo...I'm so jealous! My sister and I were in New Orleans last July and loved it! We went across the river and did a tour at Mardi Gras World. It was really interesting. They take you on a tour of the warehouse where they make all of the floats for Mardi Gras. They even let you try on some of the elaborate costumes and masks too! We took lots of pictures and had a blast! :D Have fun!

Hope you have a blast!

Please post when you return and let us know how it was.

I'm trying to decide on a cruise for next summer and will need all the information I can get.

I'm debating on NO or somewhere in FL.

What ship will be leaving NO or Miami next year? I thought I read somewhere that they were moving some around.

LHP? mrdood? or anyone who might know.

Hope you have a blast!

Please post when you return and let us know how it was.

I'm trying to decide on a cruise for next summer and will need all the information I can get.

I'm debating on NO or somewhere in FL.

What ship will be leaving NO or Miami next year? I thought I read somewhere that they were moving some around.

LHP? mrdood? or anyone who might know.

The Triumph is coming to New Orleans to offer a 7 day cruise (which they don't have right now) around October 2007. Until then, it will just be the Fantasy for 4 or 5 day cruises.

We will wave as we get off the ship. We will be on the Nov 9 sailing. We have been on the Fantasy before but it was out of Port Canaveral and we did the Bahamas. I am one that prefers the smaller ships so I really like the Fantasy.

We live right outside of Memphis (Hickory Withe) and we took the Amtrak down to catch a cruise in NOLA a few years ago. I enjoyed the train ride but I would suggest getting a sleeper room. That's what we did and it made the trip so much more enjoyable cause you have room to lay down and take a nap and its nice and quiet.

Shooshoo

We Will Be Sailing The Fantasy For Her Halloween Run Out Of Nola And I Promise To Leave Lots Of Good Times On The Ship For Ya But I Know I Will Be Takeing Lots Of Good Times From Her. Have A Great Cruise. I Will Try And Get A Reveiw Up When We Get Back.

To see who else is on your ship - go to the roll call forum for the Fantasy

To read tons of information about your ship type "Fantasy Review" into the search this forum link.

To learn about what people are doing in New Orleans - google it...

= Code for: I don't have a hell of a clue, but I just had to post something. :p

You've chosen a great location in New Orleans. You're close enough to everything that you won't have to bother with cabs. You can walk on the river - it's beautiful, free, and the weather should be great.

Beignets at Cafe DuMonde in the wee hours of the morning are great! New Orleans has the best food in the world. Check out the many restaurants for Creole and Cajun food. You're between Royal (shops, antiques, boutiques, and galleries) and Bourbon (bars bars and more bars). You can walk down Bourbon and pick your style of music and atmosphere.

There are museums in the quarter. You can go on a ghost tour (if that interests you). Ride the carriage that you can rent near Jackson Square (the driver will give you a good history tour (or at least his version of it). The cemetaries interest many people, and there is the WWII museum (cab would be required for that.

There are so many options that it is impossible to list them all.

You should have a blast!

Thanks For All The Information. I Will Definitely Check Out The Roll Call Board. Can Hardly Wait. I Need A Break. The Only Way I Can Get My Husband To Slow Down Is To Take A Trip. He Is A Workaholic. A Cruise Is Just What He Needs. Will Post Trip Details When I Return. Thanks Again!!!

Archived