Stupid Question - Life Vests

kbknepp

Okay, I know this is probably a really stupid question, but as the daughter of a Coast Guard officer, it has crossed my mind. We are traveling with a 3-year-old next summer. Are the life vests one-size-fits most or will they have a childs size vest in our cabin? Silly to even think about, but you know how paranoid first-time parents can be.

Hi..No there will be a 'baby sized' life vest in your cabin when you get there...if not, just ask you cabin stewerd. They even have teeny-tiny ones for itty-bitty baabies...be sure to take a pic at the MusterDrill...the little ones look so cute in their vests!! (Just remember to let her know what is gonna happen so she is not frightened...on our last cruise there was a little girl freaking out, she thought it was an emergancy I guess she didnt know what was going on when everyone got their lifevests on a assembled) OH, adn tell her dont blow the whistle...;) ...you dont know where its been:p

Have fun!

As the cruise line knows the ages of the guests in each cabin, child life vests will be in your cabin upon your arrival.

If one isn't, your cabin attendant will be happy to get you one.

There are also spare vests (adult & child) by the life boats in case you can't get to your cabin in the event of an emergency.

They have this one well covered in my opinion - enjoy your cruise,

Lou

I figured I was being silly as I know that the Coast Guard requires life vests for every person and extras, but I wasn't sure about procuring one for our little guy and whether we'd need to do anything special. Thanks everyone!

They do check names off the list so it's really important to get there. I'm not really sure what they do if you don't show up I just remember last cruise they had two names from 2 adjoining muster stations that were turned in to one of the ships officers right in front of us.

I've seen plenty of tipsy cruisers there as well, but these are never a problem.

Archived