Need a DVD Player on the Zenith

hawkdog

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary during on 9/30th sail - I made him a SURPRISE photo show DVD of our 10 years together and want to play it for him on our anniversary - I have sent numerous (>10 emails) to customer service with a zero response. My TA even tried with no response -

Can anyone help me - is there any in the common areas? Thanks

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary during on 9/30th sail - I made him a SURPRISE photo show DVD of our 10 years together and want to play it for him on our anniversary - I have sent numerous (>10 emails) to customer service with a zero response. My TA even tried with no response -

Can anyone help me - is there any in the common areas? Thanks

Hi Hawkdog !

Sorry to say, but I am not aware of any public areas where you have access to a DVD Player.

However.... I have 2 suggestions :

1. Ask the Guest Relations desk for assistance when you board the ship. I am confident they can come up with a solution for you.

2. If you dont want to risk being disappointed, consider purchasing one of those portable DVD Players. They are very small, and very cheap these days. I have seen them for well under $ 100.00.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Guest Relations will be my first stop after I manage to sneak away with out him catching on that I am up to something. I will bring a portable one with me but I was hoping to surprise him with it on a large screen etc..

As an agent I would have contacted either my sales rep or the wedding dept. or even the group dept. as they should have access to setting up a DVD (audio/visual)for groups that have meetings onboard. They would be able to tell you if they are willing to do this and if there would be a charge for the service. It may may too late for them to set it up at this point since the sailing is Sat. but I would ask your agent to call again. He or she should certainly be able to speak to someone in the know.

Vickiicon12.gif

Thanks Vicki -

My agent has told me she has spoken with lots of people but has gotten no real answer as to yes or no. I personally think they have to have some sort of AV equipment on board -- Do you think Guest Services will be able to help me??? I really want to surprise my DH!:)

Bring the portable - it can be easily hidden from your DH last minute in your luggage. Also, make sure you bring the aux cable and AC adapter cord with you (batteries don't last long on them.) If there is a lounge somewhere on the ship with a big screen, you can simply plug your portable into it using the aux cord, and show it on the bigger screen. The worst case scenario is you show it on the portable, or on your cabin tv. BTW --- Great idea, I think I might copy you - we will be celebrating our ten year anniversary on our 10/14 cruise to Bermuda. Good luck!

Archived