Sea Princess for a 12 year old boy

crowie

Hi There, I'm a cruise virgin! and I'm thinking of booking a med cruise on the Sea princess for July next year (unfortunately my first choice RCL Navigator of the Seas was full). I wonder if anybody could advise me if this ship is child friendly and there's plenty to keep him occupied.

Also I'd like to thank you all as I've been reading the CC forums for a little while now and have been really impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone are. This coupled with some great reports from friends made my mind up to take the plunge! :)

We found Sea Princess to be a beautiful ship although the cabins are slightly smaller than the Navigator. There werent as many children on Sea Princess as Navigator which may have been due to the time of year and the Sea Princess doesnt have as many amenities for children, having said that there is plenty for children to do coupled with the fact that Med cruises tend to be more port intensive than caribbean so you shouldnt have a problem.

Im sure you will have a wonderful time.

Sailing in July, there will probably be a lot more of the younger set onboard. But as far as enough to keep them busy and occupied? Not really sure that he might get bored. We love the Sea Princess, enjoy it totally, but it is not the type of ship that would really interest a younger guy like that unless he happens to meet up with other kids his own age for something to do.

Keep in mind, this ship was adults only on P&O and although they did put the childrens area back in, we felt it was just not set up properly to entertain the younger set. The few that sailed on our sailing last year seemed to be very bored most of the time, we overheard them talking many times during the cruise.

Another option to look at is the new Emerald Princess that will debut next year. It will also be sailing in the Med and I think it would be a much better fit. The cabins will be bigger and they will had a dedicated area for kids of all ages.

We are sailing on the Royal Princess next year in the Med and I did look at this new ship, but my daughter wanted to try the Royal. She will be almost 18 when we sail, so for her the size of the ship now doesn't make that much difference. But when she was 12, we found the ships that did have larger areas for kids worked out quite well.

Hulagirl

We found Sea Princess to be a beautiful ship although the cabins are slightly smaller than the Navigator. There werent as many children on Sea Princess as Navigator which may have been due to the time of year and the Sea Princess doesnt have as many amenities for children, having said that there is plenty for children to do coupled with the fact that Med cruises tend to be more port intensive than caribbean so you shouldnt have a problem.

Im sure you will have a wonderful time.

this gentleman knows what he is talking about.....

My wife and I, plus 14 yr old son, have recently returned from Sea Princess and we are having another 'go' next summer! We also considered Navigator of the Seas, but availability was poor, so we stuck with SP. My son, although 2 yrs older than yours, had a fantastic time. There were about 300 children on our cruise. There are loads of activities for them, so I'd suggest he'd have a great cruise.

Hi

Thanking you all for your kind help. Just to let you know that I have now booked onto the Sea Princess 21st July 07. Can't wait!

Well done.

Now if you're really keen, you can start planning by reading all the posts about money saving tips, what to pack, etc, etc.

I enjoyed my recent cruises far more, as a result of the knowledge that I had gained from these 'boards'.:)

Archived