First Cruise

ONEFISHMAN

Hello all fellow Crown Jewels, after our first experience on ANY cruise, I feel I have to toss in my two cents worth. First, I'd like to thank all of you that were resposible for the M & M and all the work that went into planning and bringing it off. Second, it was after much urging by my neighbors who are very experienced cruisers (and my wife) to try a cruise, and with some additional incentives from my sister and family in London that I finally said "what the hey", lets do it. We spent 13 hours on a plane, Eugene Oregon to SFO to Heathrow, the next 12 days in the London area with family, (who went the extra "lots of miles" and squired us around the English and Welsh countryside) and the next 12 days aboard the Jewel which I can say without hesitation, was the most wonderful vacation I have ever had, I spent my 68th birthday in Cork, and had the pleasure (??) of kissing the Blarney Stone while in the area. All in all, our first experience at cruiser's was positive, I have never been so pampered and so well fed in my life. The dining was like being in a five star restaurant every evening, and should I get hungry in between, there was ample diversions to keep me full. I had one of the best steak dinners I have ever had in Chops on the night of my birthday. All our waiters and service staff were friendly and very efficient and went out of their way to see we were satisfied. Our cabin attendant was the same and we wanted for nothing (except the soft bed) the whole cruise. We did walk a lot during the shore excursions and while aboard, so the weight gain so often associated with cruises was minimal, (but there was some none the less). The only minus to the whole thing was the bed, it was in a word, uncomfortable. If I had been aware of it, after reading some of the posts, I would have requested the foam cover to soften it. All in all, the pro's outweigh the con's by about a thousand to one and we are already planning our next cruise. Even though there were several :D "rough" days at sea, we made it through virtually unscathed with no serious after effects. Too bad we couldn't have enjoyed the outside more while at sea but 60-80 knot winds said stay inside. We met some wonderful people and look to the cruise in the future when we can visit again. Until then, happy cruising to all, Onefishman and his mermaid, Al and Kris

How nice to hear all the positives and not dwell on the negatives. Very well put and so glad you had a great cruise. That is exactly how I felt after my first....what am I saying? That's how I feel after any cruise. :D It's been a while since my last and now have to wait another year, but at least we have one in the works and I am eagerly waiting for it. Again, thanks for the wonderful post.

Archived