Good Cheap hotel in Galveston

ljw

We are driving to Galveston in Nov and there will be a large number of us ( not sure of the total yet, less than 40), Can someone recommend a nice hotel that is close to the pier that may accomodate a group ? TIA

LJ

Another good source to check out is trip advisor dot com. Just type "Galveston" in the destination field and go from there. They have a lengthy list of hotels and also maintain a travelers' reviews section that I have found to be a very reliable source of information regarding hotels as well as restaurants and attractions.

yep sure can...

Try the Quality Inn, at 61at and seawall...they offer free cruise parking and I think a free shuttle to the cruiseport.

They are affordable at about $80 per night, compared to some of the pricer hotels.

There is a Golden Corral within an couple of blocks and a WalMart (for last minute cruise stuff).

The hotel is only about 5 miles or less in case you have to take cab.

There is a Days Inn on 61th @ I45 see below

Days Inn Galveston

6107 Broadway/I-45

I-45 & 61st Street Exit

Galveston, TX 77551 US

icon_ns_email.gifEmail this pagespacer.gificn_ns_print.gifPrinter-friendly viewspacer.gificon_ns_map.gifMaps & Directions .phoneWebNsTitle { width:4em; } Phone:

409-740-2491

Fax:

409-740-6805

There rate for satuday in November is $49.95 plus tax. The Golder Coral in on the Seawall about 2 miles south of I45. The Walmart is also on the Seawall about 3 miles. I stayed at this hotel about 3 weeks ago, It is ok not the best, but will do. In november with that many you should get a better rate.

Best Western is Ok...Its an older hotel...typical type hotel,have a good deal of rooms facing the water..(some sideways)..Its not perfect,or new...

But not bad for a night.We have gotten it at 79...but it varies greatly,based on time of year,and whats going on on the Island.

Not very fond of the parking however,its behind the hotel,in a unsecure lot.

Here's our experiences: Based on good info we got from others posting on our "roll-call" thread, I booked our family in at the newer Baymont Inn for our stay in 2 weeks. We drive to port, so a place that offers parking is a plus. Cost was 90 a night for a room w/2 queens and with taxes came out to be roughly $103. They allow free cruise parking and a decent-sounding breakfast in the am. No shuttle to the pier but taxis are supposedly about $10.

About 2.5 years ago we stayed at the Best Western and left our car there. It was okay but the room was a tad on the yucky side and breakfast in am was barely okay. They did have a free shuttle at that time but we ended up waiting around for it more than I would have liked.

2 years ago we went during summer and hotel prices in Galveston were HORRIBLE so we stayed at the La Quinta in Texas City. Got a really terrific rate there, had one of the best free breakfasts I have ever had at a hotel, and they had a pool that my kids enjoyed. Very, very nice room. But....that area is very "industrial" and not at all picturesque. So, it all depends on what you're looking for. You could probably save a lot of $$ and have better accomodations there, but then you have to pay for parking at Lighthouse parking or through the port or through EZ Cruise (which is currently getting some bad publicity here on the boards) if you're driving down. Hope this helps!

Archived