Frontier Excursions?

Flintstone

Can anyone give me any feedback on Chilkoot charters? They also have a Yukon Adventure tour. I am communicating with them now. I gave them my cc information and they emailed back and let me know they would need a minimum of 6 people to hold the tour, which I understand. I emailed back asking when that determination would be made, waiting for an answer.

What is Frontiers website?

Thanks,

Marie

we just got back tonight from Sun Princess. We rented our own car from Avis in Skagway- personally we thought that was the way to go. With tax- the car cost $70. The ride was breathtaking. and we stopped at the same places the the tours stopped at along the way. Murray's Milepost was great. Then we went horseback riding in Carcross at yukonhorses.com. Joni was great. We would do it the same way again.

UPDATE: No problems with chilkoot, they had not charged the card yet.

I DID book with Frontier Excursions, but they too have a 6 person minimum but she stated it is rare that they do not make the minimum. I won't know until the day I get there.

Marie

How does everyone book their car thru Avis? Do you pre-arrange from home via the internet or just go to Avis when you get to Skagway and hope they have something? It does sound like a great alternative.

ExhaltHim....which package did you choose? DH is thinking the 6.5 hr "Yukon Discovery" may be a little long on someone else's schedule? When does Frontier charge your card and did you happen to ask them about their cancellation policy?

Thanks for your help.

Flinstone - The Yukon Discovery Tour is the tour I booked. It is 6 hours long.

When is your cruise? I'll be in Skagway, Aug 26 on the Veendam. I have been very impressed with Frontier Excursions. There is a 6 person minimum, BUT, she said they have been known to do it with just 2 people.

If I leave before you, I'll let you know how it goes. Refund policy is FULL refund with 24 hours notice. Payment is made on arrival. Credit cards are taken to hold the reservation only.

Marie

Unfortunately...I'm an obssessive planner!!! Our cruise isn't for another 11 months !!! But I've pretty much got everything planned that I want to do and hopefully will have it all booked and paid for long before we arrive. (It kinda takes the "bite" off that bill at the end...he...he!)

I will be most anxious to hear how you enjoy this trip. I am torn now between Frontier and just renting a car. I've discovered from past trips, however, that doing excursions on your own may be more economical.....but you loose that wealth of information that an informed guide has to offer.

Please give us a report when you return.

Thanks

Deb

i received a email from frontier about the yukon tour. they go to emerald lake which is what i would like to see. i know know if any of the other tours go to emarald lake or not but they do. on other boards i have read good reviews about the tour. last year i took the chilkoot white pass summit tour and had free gold panning for about $30. it was worth the money and i had a great time. the driver was great and let us stay at a veiw outlooks longer than we were supposed too. since i will be on vacation and dont want to drive on my own i will do the frontier tour and let someone else ''do the driving''.

My husband and I will be in Skagway on the Norweign Star August 8th. We booked the Yukon Discovery Tour several months back for the two of us. I was surprised they said 6 person minimum as they never mentioned it to us at all. They sent us a confirmation in the mail. They meet you at the end of the pier. They use a credit card to hold the reservation and the rest is paid by cash or credit card the day of the tour before you leave for your tour. From all I've heard we should be happy with the tour and it includes lunch for 85.00p.p. It is about 30-35 minutes longer than the ships tour.

since i have not called them yet i did not know about the 6 person minimum. it sounds like a good tour though. and i did not know about the lunch. that makes it even better. my question is, if they dont have 6 people for the tour at the time you have set-up do they cancell it at the pier? that would be a shame. can anyone specify on that experience?

All those booked with Frontier Excursions, not to worry. I am confident the tour will go forward. I have been VERY impressed with them. I wouldn't be surprised if they take just me, even if there are not others....they have been that kind. They told me they would be at the pier holding a sign ""***(my last name Party"...that tells me they plan on taking me, and I am very impressed by that.

I think I specifically asked if there was a minimum because of my experience with the other company. That is when she mentioned the six, BUT, did say they have been known to go with as little as two. She also mentioned they have tour brokers who also book tours for them.

Alonzo, please come back and share with us how you liked the tour.

Marie

No, they won't cancel. As for the time, we were given a 10a.m. time and were not given a choice. This is a good time for those of us who will be getting there in the morning. We can have a leisurly breakfast and not have to rush with an earlier time. Yes I will report on it when I return.

We did a tour with Frontier Excursions last Aug. As it turned out we were the only ones in a second vehicle. The lunch provided is very good. Before we left for the cruise, we were given the opportunity to choose from several options what we wanted for the lunch. We enjoyed the tour very much. The scenery is beautiful. It might be cheaper to rent a car, but I would rather spend the extra money and get to enjoy all of the scenery not just when we would be stopping.

Larry

Thank you all for your input! I feel pretty confident booking with them as they sound like a very reputable company! I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback when they return. I have sooooo long to wait and live vicariously thru you !!!

Thanks again!!

Deb

Archived