Which Cruise?

jamessa

I live in Pensacola and this is my first cruise. I will be traveling with DW. I am torn between the Holiday leaving out of Mobile on the 11th for a little over $300 for an OV or driving an extra 2 1/2 hours to NO to board the Fantasy for a about $100 more for the same type room. I like the idea that the Fantasy is a bigger boat and I want the cruise to be special. I have heard good things about both boats.

Cane someone give me some insight as to which would be better?

Thanks!

I have been on both, but different iteneraries. Like you said both are good ships. Personally, I would do the Holiday first, just becase its a shorter drive (one of the worst parts of driving to a port is the drive home) and the fact that it is the smaller. If you do the Fantasy and get hooked, you MAY have a harder time convincing yourself to book the Holiday in the future, but if you book the Holiday first, you know the ships only go up (in size) from there.

Personal feelings aside, you cant go wrong with either.

I live in Pensacola and this is my first cruise. I will be traveling with DW. I am torn between the Holiday leaving out of Mobile on the 11th for a little over $300 for an OV or driving an extra 2 1/2 hours to NO to board the Fantasy for a about $100 more for the same type room. I like the idea that the Fantasy is a bigger boat and I want the cruise to be special. I have heard good things about both boats.

Cane someone give me some insight as to which would be better?

Thanks!

I have never been on the Holiday - it does have a few fans here .... but given the option of the Holiday or the Fantasy, I would take the Fantasy HANDS DOWN... Even with the drive factored in.

Tom

We have been on both ships and both were alot of fun. We were on the Holiday this past July and had fun. It was cruise #15 so we have tried every size ship and they all have good and bad points, but any cruise is better then being at work. I agree with the other post the drive home is the worst so I would do the Holiday first. If you go on the the Holiday be sure and go to the Extreme Country show it was fantastic.

Archived