Any suggestions for snorkeling from shore?

ClerkPatsy

I may be mistaken - if I am I am sure someone will correct me :)

but I believe you will be anchored in a "bay" area and tender into a "harbor" area when in Belize City...

Most of the snorkeling is offshore and you must ferry out to the cays to do any. Do a search for SNORKELING BELIZE and see what comes up.

I just got back from Belize and we took the excursion to goffe cay. its around 50 bucks and a 20 min boat ride they pick you up right at the ship. When you get to the island which is about the size of a football field they give you a choice to snorkel from the island or go out a little farther and snorkel off the boat. this is my second time there and I have done both and the snorkeling from the island is just as good. Me and my husband chose to lay on the beach and have a few beers for a bit while everyone got started and got instruction. It was awesome we were the only ones on the island for awhile the snorkeling was great best day out of 7 we just booked with the ship

Hola,

My friends are right. You have to go to the cays to get the good snorkeling.

You can go several routes here. You can book a trip at the tender dock, through the ship or take a water taxi to Cay Caulker. Do a Google on Belize Beaches and see what you come up with.;) Cay Caulker is my pick, but I'm kinda weird.

I just got back from Belize and we took the excursion to goffe cay. its around 50 bucks and a 20 min boat ride they pick you up right at the ship. When you get to the island which is about the size of a football field they give you a choice to snorkel from the island or go out a little farther and snorkel off the boat. this is my second time there and I have done both and the snorkeling from the island is just as good. Me and my husband chose to lay on the beach and have a few beers for a bit while everyone got started and got instruction. It was awesome we were the only ones on the island for awhile the snorkeling was great best day out of 7 we just booked with the ship

We are doing this excursion through Carnival on our cruise in a few weeks. I'm glad to see a positive report from Goff's Caye.

A few questions...are there food and drink vendors there? Money wise, what are they charging...I don't plan on carrying much cash with us on the excursion and wanted to double check before we head out.

How long were you there total, and did anyone get the option to stay and leave with the next excursion in the afternoon?

thanks!

There was no food venders there just a guy selling beer $4 and sodas $2 and 2 people selling jewelry. We were there around 3 to 3 1/2 hours and Im not sure about staying till the next tour but I wish I had thought of asking, because its so beautiful you will hate to leave.

There was no food venders there just a guy selling beer $4 and sodas $2 and 2 people selling jewelry. We were there around 3 to 3 1/2 hours and Im not sure about staying till the next tour but I wish I had thought of asking, because its so beautiful you will hate to leave.

Thanks!

I'll take a Snickers bar or something with me...I know I will be starving after snorkeling...:) Beer won't do it...

I can't wait! We are really looking forward to this excursion!

Archived