Cruise Directors - who was your best

hipcruzr

John Heald on the Ecstacy. John set the bar so high I don't even remember the names of the CD's from our other 9 cruises.

You got that right! John Heald was the Cruise Director way back on our first Carnival cruise in 1992. Definately the best!

For those who have cruised with Peter Gibbs, I found some interesting articles that are a couple of years old.

Seems he started a charity called "Sea Change" that uses change collected from cruise ships to fund community improvement projects all over the world.

He won an award in 2004 for this endeavor. It was suppose to be implemented on the Carnival ships in October 2004...but I have not seen or heard anything about it.

Anyone know anything about this?

Ooops, I forgot to say why. He had the best line-up of talent of any cruise we've been on and, correct me if I'm wrong, that is his doing. He may not be as glib, handsome or funny as some but I definately liked what he put together!!

Our favorite so far was Peter Benifield on the Splendour of the Seas. (Is that allowed on this board?!)

Yes, I'm sure it's allowed! :) Many people on the Carnival boards have been on other cruise lines and mention things that have happened on those other lines (good and bad).

Yes, I'm sure it's allowed! :) Many people on the Carnival boards have been on other cruise lines and mention things that have happened on those other lines (good and bad).

Absolultely!! And some CD's from Carnival go to work for other lines and vice versa!!

Let me add Paul Santley. He was the most "genuine" cruise director we have ever had. Down to earth...not trying to impress anyone. If you saw him out at night, you would have thought he was just one of the passengers. (a passenger having a really good time)

I guess when I think about it...we have enjoyed all our CDs for different reasons.

When you see Risa helping a passenger and his wife back to their cabin after a day at port (he had MS). She just didn't "have someone do it". She did it. And it wasn't someone "in a suite". Just an average passenger in an inside cabin on Main. We were right down the hall and happen to be there.

Those kinds of impressions stick!!

Todd Witmer was excellent. We uusually avoid the deck games and parties because the CD is so annoying. Todd was great he was just a good down to earth kinda person.

Another one who was annoying was someone name Mark who was on Miracle in July of 05 he has since left. He was too much of a comedian. But I must say you knew the process for immigration and dis-embarking. That is if he did not get on your nerves repeating it. He did his job.

I agree with Risa Barnes. She was amazing, DH was in the spoon thingy they do at the beginning of the cruise and every time we saw her through the cruise....which was very often she always remembered both our names, asked how our day was going. Just a great lady who really seemed to love her job. She was friendly in a genuine way....She also had 2 male assistants and for the life of me I can't remember there names, but there where great also.

I heard she left Celebration but not sure where she is now.

Kim

ONE was BRADLEY WILLSON,He was very sweet to me.........

Everytime he would see me he would say hello BARBARA...

I want to say the other young man's name was Craig...

Risa was nice.....

I wonder where she is now...? She was on my 2003 Holiday cruise.

I've been reading up on some Inspiration reviews in the past couple of days and it seems I remember reading her name a few times. Maybe she's on the Inspiration?

The only CD I remember by name is John Heald. He actually had me laughing and not rolling my eyes repeatedly.:rolleyes:

Back in 1997, we went on the Ecstacy when it was out of Miami and we had Freddie (who looked just like Pee Wee Herman). I don't know what happened to him, but he was a riot.

Last year on the Victory, we had Dana--who was okay. I hear he is still on the Victory.

Greg Kneale was an absolute riot! His bedtime story was so funny it's a wonder I didn't wet my pants because I laughed so hard. He was the CD on the Pride and we were on his last cruise before he retired to Puerto Vallarta. He opened a restaurant there and next time we go there, we definately intend to visit him.

Back in the good ole days, the CD was everywhere, hosting all of the games on the ship. The best ones I remember were Gary Hunter, Malcolm Kennedy, and Rand Woodbury. These guys not only hosted all of the activities, they were entertainers in the shows as well.

I still love Risa!!

She has been on the Inspiration since she left the Celebration in March. With Big Tex going to the Fantasy, I wonder if she will be going back.

I had a great cruise with Mark Price last week (he is moving to the Conquest this week) and he told me how she was a bar hostess, and wanted to move up, so he helped her get into training to be a CD.

So, let me say..."Thanks Mark, you did good."

Archived