Roll on cooler?

bellaa

If it meets these requirements you can roll it on.

Since the delivery of checked bags may take some time to reach your stateroom, you may elect to bring your own bags on board if they do not exceed 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Additionally, we highly recommend that guests personally carry any boarding documentation (passports, visas, I.D.), valuables, medications, and items which require special handling on and off the vessel. This advantage will ensure prompt and easy access to your baggage. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on baggage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

I think I read this somewhere, but not sure where.

Can I roll on a soft sided cooler filled with some waters, soda, and gatorade? No ice, of course. It's probably 12x 18" big, but on wheels.

Thanks!

...be aware that Carnival has changed their language from a "reasonable" amount of non-alcoholic beverages to a "small quantity" so you are still subject to seizure and disposal of some of your drinks....

...be aware that Carnival has changed their language from a "reasonable" amount of non-alcoholic beverages to a "small quantity" so you are still subject to seizure and disposal of some of your drinks....

Wonder what small quantity means? To me, small quantity of Mtn Dew is a twelve pack...that will get me through about two days. :) I only take about six onto the ship with me as I live on the tea and water most of the week, but I do need my Dew in the morning.

Carnival needs to make it clear..."a six pack of soda per person" is allowed, or "six bottles of water per person" rather than their 'reasonable amount' and 'small quantity' wording.

Unless you happen to encounter a baggage screener who has just had a bad morning prior to coming to work, you won't have a problem with non alcoholic beverages in that cooler. A better suggestion is to put all of your beverages in a separate bag, along with your collapsible cooler and check it when you arrive at the pier. It will arrive in your cabin before dinner. Done this many times with beer, soda, booze, etc.; never had a problem!

Last year I took one with a 12 pack of diet coke, 12 waters, 12 beers and a plastic bottle of Vodka. No problems checked it with our luggage. Of course check that it meets the requirements. We also put luggage straps around it to secure it. I do know they looked in it because we had a total of 4 around it but when we got it there were 2 inside and 2 outside.

Archived