Taking Kids Out of School to Cruise

chelegirly

Family time is important. It would appear that some posters are obsessed with after school activities. Missed school work should be made up, we all know that, but the OP was torn about her child getting a zero for not participating in band. Family vacations should come first IMO. In ten years the kids will remember the time spent with family more than the band.It is difficult to know all the school's scheduled competitions and sports games, many schedules come out at the last minute.If you've already booked the cruise and spent the money, stick with the original plan of going on a family cruise. Cruises can be quite a bit of money if the whole family is going and I'm not sure but i don't think I have ever seen a band competition clause in a cancellation.

I'm glad to see we are not the only parents who put family time above extra activities. We looked forward to our time together, away from phone calls, drop-ins, and just every day life. We treasure every second of our trip and hope we are instilling in our kids the importance of family.(Something that is missing from our society today) Janice

And what about families that have kids on different school tracks? I know one family with the older kid is on a Sept. thru June track and the younger kid just started kindergarten at a different school. The mother was told in July that her younger son will start in the next week. She was not given a choice. So she has one kid out of school on summer vacation, the other one in school. No option for putting them together unless the older one leaves his magnet program.

Archived