Confused and addicted !

sdear

Ok..here is the scoop.

We had been on two small Carnival ships..then.......FREEDOM ! :eek:

Now..we are completely addicted. We have Liberty booked for next September.

We decided we needed a shorter cruise May/June of 07 to tide us over until Liberty.

I had Sovereign booked. I changed it to an AFT on Enchantment , partially due to dates we needed.

Nooooooooooowwwwww...I see Explorer has a 5 nite that would work for us too. My DH really liked the Royal promenade..and I am afraid, as I have read, that we might get bored on anything less than a voyager class?

Could I hear from some experienced RCI cruisers their opinions please. I know this is all subjective, but I would like to hear opinions. Ports aren't an issue at all.

Thanks !

Well, unfortunately, I'm close to being right there with you. As you can see by my signature, I sailed the Empress all the time. LOVED IT and still do, but I went on the Freedom for an inaugural and loved it, and then just got off the Mariner. I met so many wonderful people on CC roll call and we had such a good time, we've booked for the Liberty in Sept '07 as well!!! We're sailing on 9/1/07. When are you sailing?

I love the layout of the voyager class and all the options available. The staff was wonderful on the Mariner, I saw at least 3 people that I knew from the Empress. I'm diamond so I'm having a hard time booking anything less than the Radiance class so I can have the Concierge lounge!!! LOL I always do late dining and sitting in the lounge for a few cocktails before dinner is AWESOME!!!

I will do Empress again, but I don't have it in my immediate plans, but I HAVE to go back to see all my friends.

So, sorry, I probably didn't help your addiction.......but misery loves company!!

We are sailing Sept 8th on Liberty ! Too bad we aren't on the same one..we could be addicted together !

I just don't know what to do...price is about the same....

I guess it really doesn't matter...I am just wondering since we can get the voyager class for about the same money if we should switch.

This is going to drive me nuts lol

Nooooooooooowwwwww...I see Explorer has a 5 nite that would work for us too. My DH really liked the Royal promenade..and I am afraid, as I have read, that we might get bored on anything less than a voyager class?

Could I hear from some experienced RCI cruisers their opinions please. I know this is all subjective, but I would like to hear opinions. Ports aren't an issue at all. Thanks !

I'm not an experienced cruiser, having been on two, and waiting for the upcoming third. I am an *addicted* cruiser.:eek:

I've been on Enchantment and Brilliance, never had a shortage of things to do - but then it takes very little to amuse me:D naps are always great, getting fried on a deck chair, reading books, going to lectures, Tai Chi classes, walking around the decks.....watching the ocean, sitting out on the balcony sipping coffee........eating, sitting in the Schooner Bar drinking and singing......

I loved both ships - but Brilliance (which is Radiance class) is my favourite.

Fran in Toronto

due to the title of this thread I'm picturing everyone in a circle of chairs...

"hi, my name is Isit Shiptime....I too am addicted to cruising...it all started that summer of 02".....

;) couldn't resist.....

I too am addicted...once you cruise..travel is never the same, good luck on your decisions and have a great time,

Esmerelda

LOL Can I join? Although this year we have a land based vacation and it won't be until next year that we cruise again, I too was addicted from the start. I'm trying to convince my cousin to take a cruise with me this winter/spring so I won't have to wait to long.

What a bunch of kids we are! LOL

After sailing Explorer and Mariner I decided to try Serenade. I can tell you that I was in no way disappointed with the Radiance class. However, the Voyager class of ships is still my favorite.

I can't compare to the Sovereign class as I have never been on one of those ships. I can tell you than I have no interest in booking one either. I love having the Royal Promenade. And it was missed when we were aboard Serenade. There is always something going on there and it is always changing. Whether it is the lighting, decorations, activities... there is always something new. With most ships once you have seen an area it is the same all week but not so with the Voyager sisters and their Pomenades.

So if I had a choice between Explorer, which is my favorite ship, and Enchantment.... I would only have to think about it for maybe 1.5 seconds....

"hi, my name is Isit Shiptime....I too am addicted to cruising...it all started that summer of 02".....

;) couldn't resist.....

I too am addicted...once you cruise..travel is never the same, good luck on your decisions and have a great time,

Esmerelda

Hello, My name is Sailing Away and I'm addicted to cruises too. if I'm not on one then I'm a closet cruiser on the boards. No more land vacations for me. Have ship will travel.

Esmerelda, are you a nurse. I'm an ER RN here in Ma.

Hello, My name is Sailing Away and I'm addicted to cruises too. if I'm not on one then I'm a closet cruiser on the boards. No more land vacations for me. Have ship will travel.

Esmerelda, are you a nurse. I'm an ER RN here in Ma.

Nurse here too :) I manage an open heart step down unit in Florda. Bless you ER nurses !

We are definately hooked on cruising, and it's just so much easier to do living in florida.

Oceanboy..as you can see by my signature, we switched to the Explorer. Someday I will try and different class, but my DH really enjoyed the promenade, and well....we just switched. I made RCI promise to not lt me call and make any more changes ! We booked a JS on the hump. We really liked that location on Freedom ! I was going to try and AFT, and maybe someday we will, but for now going to keep on humping :D ;)

Completely Addicted Here Too.

We have cruised on both the Sovereign and Voyager class. There is a different fell about the smaller ships. A little more laid back maybe, I don't know how to explain it. Loved the Sovereign of the Seas, but we prefer the larger ships.

Both DH and I are addicted to cruising too though it took him longer to catch on to it. I have met two people in the last year that told me though they enjoyed the one and only cruise they took they don't have any desire to cruise again. And neither got seasick! I have never looked at them the same since...I think they are a bit CRAZY! :D

Hi, I'm Jean and I'm a cruiseaholic (Hi, Jean).

We once sailed with a pair of Type As who had to be on the go doing something different every hour, and they went stir crazy, so I guess that's how people get bored on a cruise. I find that there's always something to do, even on the smallest of ships, but if you don't like what's offered, then you have to make your own activity, which some people don't like to do.

We've sailed on the Sovereign, Vision and Radiance classes and have yet to be bored. We spend quite of bit of time in our cabin, which is why we like the aft balconies - I can get a lot of reading & napping done out there. If you're more an "on the go" kind of person, then the attraction may well be less for you.

So I guess the question is what did you do on Explorer than you're afraid you won't be able to do on Enchantment?

We haven't been on Explorer, but we were on Freedom a few weeks ago. We absolutely loved it.

My hubby loved the promenade, going after those snacks and cookies every night. We loved the pubs along the way, and spent time there every day.

I could be happy on any ship !

What we didn't like was some of the crowded times, and I have heard it's not as bad on the voyager class like it was on the Freedom. Overall, Freedom was great...we loved it.

I guess what I am saying is we would miss the promenade area. :confused:

Hence..the title of my post...confused ! and addicted :D

;) couldn't resist.....

Esmerelda

:D :D :D :D !!!!

Archived