I NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS!!! We want to take another

Suburban Drudgery

I shouldn't do this but I'll go there.

I live a few miles north of you. The possibility is extremely high that soon we will in one way or another be affected by a major earthquake, a volcano exploding, and/or hit by a major Tsunami but you're scared to death of a hurricane that the ships will never go near nor the airlines will ever fly into? :confused:

I'm lost :confused:

But to answer your question, your options are left to an Alaska cruise, a Mediterranian cruise, a South Pacific cruise, a South American cruise, or a Mexican cruise.

Of course each and everyone of these have their own inherent risks involved.

cruise with Carnival but I'm scared TO DEATH of going to the Caribbean bahama ,etc. because of the hurricanes. Please what cruise can a family of 4 go on via Carnival for 8 days or longer in the spring/summer time?

TIA

Take two back-to-back cruises to Canada.

If you're willing to go in March, the Spirit does an 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego. The ports are Acupulco, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and Manzanilla. We did a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Pride 2 years ago at the end of March, and it was great! Weather in Mexico was fabulous. Good luck. :)

I am North of you too in Vancouver Canada. We have so many re-positioning cruises on the west coast offered.

Why not try from LA to Vancouver, some go over to Victoria, Nanaimo, Seattle and back again.

My brother was just on one last weekend, bussed from Vancouver to Seattle for $147.00 for one night cruise and sailed back to Vancouver. I know this isn't the cruise you want.....but a thought.

Sailing to Hawaii is reasonable too. That looks interesting,...lots of options over here away from the Caribbean.

36 days till we cruise....

After biting my nails watching Hurricane Dennis approach Fort Myers Beach the week before our honeymoon there, I wanted to make sure our caribbean cruise was not in hurricane season!

We booked in April, prior to hurricane season. Yes, we still MIGHT get bad weather, but we feel the risk is worth it. And it's my understanding that the ships will just sail a different direction to avoid the storms.

I guess a back-to-back Canada or an Alaskan cruise would be the best option, if you really don't want to do the caribbean.

cruise with Carnival but I'm scared TO DEATH of going to the Caribbean bahama ,etc. because of the hurricanes. Please what cruise can a family of 4 go on via Carnival for 8 days or longer in the spring/summer time?

TIA

Since we live on the west coast also, we like to sail out of L.A. or San Diego. We have done L.A. to Maz to P.V. to Cabo a couple times but our next cruise will be on the Spirit out of San Diego to Ixtapa, Manzanillo to Acapulco.

I love to cruise in the Caribbean . . . in fact, I just got back from a cruise to the Western Caribbean three weeks ago. The only time I've cruise during a hurricane was in 2003 when I had sunny skies and blue, calm seas . . . and the hurricane hit my home in Virginia.

Well I live in Florida. The best way to escape a hurricane is getting on a ship. You used to be able to board any room at the last minute, and I did 2 yrs ago. Got stuck in a inside room but got out of harms way and had a blast. You have a better chance of getting in a car accident then your ship being cancelled due to a hurricane. Ships will always change ports and avoid hurricanes. There has to be downfalls about living in paradise, but there is nothing better than 80 degree temp. in Jan. enjoying the beach. There is so much notice before a storm approaches, to much time actually. The likelyhood of a hurricane coming to the exact location you will be at the the axact time you are here is very slim.. Enjoy and go

The hurricanes do not bother me in the least. But we do book normally less than 5 days at most before we sail, We get some great prices. But we did an Alaska

in 2004 and want to do it again on the Spirit. We had a great time! But you must, I repeat must, spend the $$ and get a balcony.

Archived