Yellowbird Excursion

DebsterW

We are going on the Fantasy on Oct 19 and wanted to go on the Yellowbird..I thought Carnival offered that as an excursion, but I am not able to book it..I called and they said it might be sold outor they don't offer it, does anyone know how else this can be booked? Thanks for your help

Deb

We are going on the Fantasy on Oct 19 and wanted to go on the Yellowbird..I thought Carnival offered that as an excursion, but I am not able to book it..I called and they said it might be sold outor they don't offer it, does anyone know how else this can be booked? Thanks for your help

Deb

Yellowbird rarely is "sold out".. it's a huge boat.

GIve them a call directly.. you can pick them up at 1pm at the downtown wharf near the ship (where all the tour boats come in).. and pay onboard.

Yellowbird goes to Blackbeards Cay these days. (No longer to Pearl Island, since the PI owners increased the permit fees and pp fees).

Blackbeards is a fun location with Stingrays, a nice bar and grill, free loungers, restrooms etc. You'll enjoy it.

United Cruises Ltd.

242 322-1340

fax 242 322 8779

Thank you for the info...I was pretty sure it wouldn't sell out, but I thought it was strange Carnival didn't offer it.

Thanks again

Deb

If you are interested.. give them a call. just to make sure they are scheduled to go out that day.. and not on dry dock. This time of year a lot of the boats do repairs and maintainace

Deb

We've done Yellow bird twice and its a lot of fun. especially the ride back.

If you like to drink and party you wont be disappointed.;)

Dan

A historical note: I took the Yellowbird excursion on my first trip to Nassau back in 1985. Then, the boat took you to a beach on the southeast portion of Paradise Island, where snorkeling and parasailing (I did both) were available.

It's interesting that it has progressed through Pearl Island and now on to Blackbeard's Cay. Have there been any other locations in the interim?

Also, I remember reading some time back about sand flea infestations on Blackbeard's Cay -- have they been conquered?

A historical note: I took the Yellowbird excursion on my first trip to Nassau back in 1985. Then, the boat took you to a beach on the southeast portion of Paradise Island, where snorkeling and parasailing (I did both) were available.

It's interesting that it has progressed through Pearl Island and now on to Blackbeard's Cay. Have there been any other locations in the interim?

Also, I remember reading some time back about sand flea infestations on Blackbeard's Cay -- have they been conquered?

Yellowbird has been a "boat for hire" for a long time now. It's run as a "booze cruise" to nowhere on weekend nites for the locals, and has done the Rose Island Beach trip as well as many other tours over the years.

They are currently thinking of taking over the last 1/3 of blackbeards cay (Currently they are chartered for the south side, and SRB has the back side, but there's a cove on the west side) They want to clear it up and make a new beach tour of thier own, which would include some nice snorkeling. Not sure if this is going thru.. but it's certainly a good idea.

As for the Sand Fleas, there's a inner Pond.. that is the culprit.. and spring and summer can be pretty bad. But they have been good at spraying this season.. and they last few times I was there the bugs were gone. (I bring along skin so soft as a precaution).

Winter season.. the sand fleas are usually gone.

Archived