ANyone stay in HAmpton Inn, FLL?

Dorie7

We are looking for a moderate hotel in Fort Lauderdale for a night pre and post cruise, convenient to shopping, airport and port.

I'm considering the Hampton Inn downtown for November for $99 per night. Is this reasonable? Anyboody else stay there? How close is it to the pier? airport? Suggestions for on the beach?

Thanks,

Dorie

Hi,

Don't know if this will exactly answer your question, but we have stayed twice pre-cruise at FL Hampton Inn Airport North. They offer free shuttle to and from airport as well as to cruise port and to local restaurants. We have had ABOVE excellent service and the rate was a little lower than you have quoted, but the dates are probably a factor. I have read some reviews that this is not located in a "resort" like area & it's not, but if you are looking for a clean, friendly, economical place to spend an afternoon/evening pre-cruise, I can't imagine needing anything more.

You might try the other board - I think it's called "hotels pre & post cruise - for more hotel info.

Good luck & hope you enjoy your cruise.

Dorie..

I don't know much about the Hampton Inn downtown either, except it looks pretty nice from the outside and it is fairly new...within the past couple of years. I too have stayed at the Airport North on several different occasions. Like Debbie said, it is not located in a resort area, not even the prettiest part of town, but after 3 stays with a 4th booked, we have always had great stays... clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast and never have I felt threatened by the part of town that it is in. This location is on State Road 84 which is the back way into the port. It is only a 5 minute drive to the airport or the cruise port. Good places to eat are also just a few minutes away. Drug stores are in the area as are liquior stores...everything you could need before a cruise. They offer shuttle service, but we have always had our car so we've driven and parked at the port....

Archived