Is there any wildlife in afternoon?

Sheik

I read a lot of topics about toursuggestions/review etc. but would like to know if people can advise me in the following question:

I would like to book the "Adventure in Costa Rico" tour through Royal Caribbean, which combines the "Rain Forest Aerial Tram" tour and "Tortguero Canals" tour. The Tortguero canals will be visited in the afternoon. Is there any wildlife to be seen in the afternoon or are the monkies, crocs and birds sleeping?

• 3 weeks later...

We have done the Tortguero ( east coast) and Palo Verde (west coast) boat tours in late AM and saw lots of widelife including monkeys, crocs, ant eaters, sloths, reptiles and birdlife. Granted it is better to do these in early AM or late PM as animals are more active then but guides know where to find the widelife and usually communicate this to each other during the tours. On our Palo Verde tour we were actually feeding white faced Capuchin (sp ?) monkeys bananas our bour tour guide provided and they fed chocs chicken during our tour so we had a very close encounter with both species.

We also did the Tortuguero Canal tour in the a.m. We quite frankly thought that the a.m. would be better for viewing of animals and also for weather as it gets very hot and humid there. And we were right. Saw all sorts of animals(sloths, monkeys, birds and alligators) In the afternoon it was really hot and humid.

Marilyn

I have done both am and pm tour at Tortuguero. The pm tour was given to us because the am tour was "taken over" by 2 particularly noisy youngsters whose parents thought that everything the kids uttered was a valuable gem (including whining), therefore scaring away anything unusual we might have seen. We saw far less, and were miserably hot in the afternoon. That was late Sept., early Oct....maybe it will be a little different for you. I actually saw more wildlife (birds and monkeys, mostly) just around the lodge grounds than in the canals in the afternoon. Now it's entirely possible that because our afternoon tour was a freebie that our guide didn't try as hard, too. And when you're looking for animals, you know you never know when or where you will see them. They're just like kids...they'll prove you wrong just when you're positive you know what they'll do.

On the west coast, I saw most of the monkeys in the late afternoon.

I just checked the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity website and looked for the "Adventure in Costa Rica" tour for more information but the tour is gone. The tour is not available anymore for all the 2007 sailings. That's really weird...

Archived