please help....which shore excursions to choose?

colleenampwireless

:o I NEED HELP FIGUREING OUT WHICH SHORE EXCURSIONS TO CHOOSE? MY FIANCE AND I WANT TO SNORKLE MAYBE DO THE DOLPHIN THING ALSO. I HAVE LOOKED ONLINE AND SEEN SO MANY ADVERTISEMENTS. WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING CHEEP,FUN AND NOT IN REALLY DEEP WATER. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO GO? HOW TO SCHEDULE? ALSO WE WERE THINKING OF RENTING A CAR WE WILL BE IN COZUMEL FOR 11 HOURS. WHAT ARE THE CHEEP FUN THINGS TO DO? PLUS ANY WEBSITESWITH GOOD INFO THANKS SO MUCH COLLEEN:) :o

WHy not book your shoer trip right through the Cruise Line?

There are lots of great private vendors, but if you are unsure of how to schedule them, it is safer to go right through your Cruise offerings.

Cozumel seems to be a fun place and we decided to get a more adventurous taste of the place by booking ATVs that we can take through the jungles and out onto the beach. Maybe do a little snorkeling in shallow water, then ride back!

There was also a cool sounding Jeep Tour that did the similar thing.

I booked the tour through RCI, because our time in port was so tight and I figured we'd get to see a lot more than just the beach if we did this.

Good Luck!

:)

Thanks, We Were Going To Go Through Carnival But It's So Exspensive. Does Anyone Know Where You Can Find The Excursions Online Without Going Through A Travel Agency?

Typically the "agencies" have negotiated a wholesale discount with the service provider and they sell at the same price you would receive dealing directly with the provider. You should not let dealing with the agency keep you from buying the tour you want. They are well trained at scheduling among other things and you will benefit from their experience without paying more.

If you are going to do a dolphin activity you can just plan on spending some extra time at the park and do some great shore snorkeling on your own - or if it fits into your schedule - Paradise Beach - about 5-10 minutes via taxi from Chankanaab Park where the dolphins are has a catamaran snorkel trip for $35 plus 2 marine park fee.

If you are going to Chankanaab for the Dolphins - be sure you book early since space is limited - I would do that first and then plan the rest of your day around that if the dolphin activity is a priority. Also don't forget to print your coupon for a $2 discount p/p on the Chanknaab Park Entrance Fee. www.cozumelinsider.com/coupon

Renting a car is easy - AVIS is right at the International Pier - if you are interested in some helpful hints when renting a car in Cozumel you can look at www.cozumelinsider.com/carrentals

Jacqui

We were in Cozumel last week and booked through www.dolphindiscovery.com It was cheaper than booking through the cruiseline and allowed us to actually swim and be pushed by the dolphins. Our group had 6 individuals with 2 dolphins but the cruiseline group was a much larger group. Tips - the person I spoke to neglected to tell me that they were booking on central time and the ship was using eastern standard time for their port times so be sure to ask It is a short taxi ride (15-20min) to the park and costs $10.00/each way for a taxi large enough for 4. You have to pay entrance to the park and then afterwards will be given the "opportunity" to purchase video and pictures of your swim. This was the highlight of our trip and a once in a lifetime event but in no way a cheap event.

Archived