To hard to do St John for just the afternoon?

Giskard

I'm considering booking the morning On Deck racing which would be over at 11:30. Would this leave us enough time to do St john for the afternoon if we left immediately after the boat trip? Our ship sails at 6:00 pm

Thanks

dac

You'd need to be on the noon ferry, and there's no guarantee you'd get a taxi in time to get you there. If you could find a taxi who'd agree to meet you after the race, and take you to Red Hook, you could probably do it.

I don't know if that would leave you with any or enough beach time, because you'd still have to get to the beach after getting to St John, but it would leave you with enough time to look around downtown Cruz Bay St John. They've got some really cute shops.

It might be pushing it to try to get to St. John. I think you would have very little time there. Most of your time would be spent getting there and getting back. If you were able to catch the noon ferry you might have a couple of hours tops to spend there. But if you really want to see St. John you could do it I think.

Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing...too much travel time. My vote is to just spend the day on St John. I have to give my two boys (dh & ds) all the options though.

The on deck racing looks like it would be a lot of fun. I wish it was offered on one of our other stops...

Thanks for the comments.

Dac

THe ferry takes about 30 minutes. It leaves on the hour, we missed the 2pm so had to wait for the 3pm to come back. If your ship leaves at 6 you might be pushing it, but if you take the noon you might have time, the taxi ride from the ferry to Trunk Bay is about 10-15 minutes, there are hundreds of taxi drivers around both at the ferry and to get back to the ship and to take you to the beaches so that will not be a problem.

The hardest thing would be to leave the beach, we didnt want to leave, it was awesome.

I highly recommend it.

I agree, once I get to the beach on St John I'm not going to want to leave. I'd love to not even "mention" the other options to my DH and DS but then I might feel guilty. I'm hoping they choose to have a more relaxing and awesome day at the beach on St John....St John was one of the reasons I wanted to go back to St Thomas.

dac

Archived