Trunk Bay It Is!

adjournthis120

We're sailing on the Mariner on 10/29 and have decided to book the Trunk Bay Beach Excursion. I just have a few questions that some of you might be able to help with.

One of our party has a bit of trouble "navigating" steep terrain. Is the access to the beach easy for those who aren't as agile as some? Walking on the beach is not a problem. Also, none of us are really swimmers or snorklers, but we all wanted to experience this lovely beach. Are there places in the shade where we can rent a chair and just relax and maybe then stroll the beach? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Adjournthis... Trunk should be accessible unless those in your party are very limited. There is a gentle slope from the parking area down to the beach access, and then the sandy beach itself is gently sloped. Along with Hawksnest and Maho, Trunk is probably one of the more easily accessible beaches on St. John. There are also plenty of places to get under the sea grapes for shade, unless the beach is very crowded or you get there too late to claim a shady spot. They rent chairs from the little shop there, too. Its a beautiful beach! Have fun!!

Most of the cruise ship crowd is gone by mid-afternoon, so it probably won't be very crowded then. You're going to have a wonderful time! I'm very, very jealous!! St. John is my favorite place in the whole world!! (At least of the places I've been so far...)

I just came back from my cruise last week. We went to trunk bay. The ship stopped in St. Thomas, took a cab tour of St. Thomas (he charged $100 for the 6 of us), picked us up close to the pier, took us to the Ferry, then we paid another tour $100 (had to bargain) to get a tour of St. John, and dropped off us in Trunk Bay. Our group consisted of 4 in the 65+ and my dh and I in our late 30s. The access is fine, mostly flat cemented walkways, there is a small walk from the sand area to the beach. We did not rent the chairs, they are rather cheapy, instead we laid on the sand, my 2 elderly aunts who had more trouble walking opted to sit on the picnic tables and just chill there (the tables are not on the sand, but not too far).

Even if you dont snorkle, please either take them or I think you can rent them there. We took our own and it was just beautiful. Plenty of fish, corals to see. Its a must, otherwise, you will miss a great experience, IMO.

Archived