Feb 18 Post Cruise...Space Center where to stay

SissyG

We disembark the Grand on 2/17, have reservations in Galveston at Holiday Inn at the beach that night...we booked this because rooms were scarce because of Mardi Gras and we will be able to leave our car there while we are on the cruise, the next day, Sunday we want to drive to Houston area and go to the space center either that day or on Monday. We would like to find a hotel or nice motel near the space center, any suggestions? I also want to stop at a Whole Foods store in Houston to pick up a few things on our way home, our local health food store is very tiny and I love the variety there.There are several locations for Whole Foods in Houston, any one know which is the nicest one? Would appreciate your help and suggestions. Sissy

If you are visiting the Space Center, there are lots of new and fairly new lodging choices in the area (Clear Lake/Bay Area section of Houston) ranging from upscale full-service hotels like the Nassau Bay Hilton and the South Shore Harbour Hotel to budget-level motels like Motel 6. Look for addresses on Bay Area Blvd. and/or NASA Parkway/NASA Road #1 (there is a name change going on for that street). The La Quinta on Bay Area Blvd. is brand-new. There is also the Kemah Boardwalk area which has a boutique hotel if you'd like to treat yourself ($$$$). Do plan to visit Kemah if you have the time, however. There are lots of restuarants and small shops - guess it's a bit of a tourist trap, but nice.

Unfortunately Whole Foods has not seen fit to open in this area yet despite our pleas. and all four stores are located in the western section of town. The newest and largest is in a retro shopping center on Bellaire Blvd. at Weslayan. If you went north on I-45 from Galveston/Clear Lake area and took the 610 Loop S to the West and continued onto 610 Loop W to the North (Now that should confuse anyone!) you can get off on Bellaire and go west to the market. It's really not as difficult as I have made it sound!Perhaps if you Mapquest for 4004 Bellaire from +/-1000 block of Bay Area Blvd. you can get a better idea.

More questions?

Archived