Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Cypress Creek

720 East Cypress Creek Rd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States 33334

Hampton Inn® Fort Lauderdale

250 North Andrews Avenue ▪ Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel

2301 SW 12th Avenue Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33315

Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport

2500 Stirling Road, Hollywood, FL

I'm staying at this one next month before my cruise.

They have shuttle from airport and to the cruiseport and the price was right.

Also, a few of the others were already filled for the weekend I need it.

You generally can't go wrong with a Hampton, which is why our company uses them exclusively for travel.

Good Luck! :)

Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport

2500 Stirling Road, Hollywood, FL

Staying at the Hampton Inn North at 2301 SW 12th. It has gotten good reviews. However, it looks to be close to the dreaded 84.

Questions:

1. Is the neighborhood safe enough to walk in during daylight?

2. Is there a major grocery near?

3. What kind of restaurants in walking distance?

4. SHOULD I CONTINUE LOOKING? If so, suggestions..$200 or less with shuttles to air and sea ports.

Staying at the Hampton Inn North at 2301 SW 12th. It has gotten good reviews. However, it looks to be close to the dreaded 84.

Questions:

4. SHOULD I CONTINUE LOOKING? If so, suggestions..$200 or less with shuttles to air and sea ports.

Not sure about the answers to your questions. We don't spend a night here until December and even then, we won't get in until after 11 PM. However, I have read reports where their shuttle has taken people to local restaurant close to the hotel.

Questions:

Yes, and I did walk to the shopping center just next to it. Not well kept up.

There is a fairly large grocery store in the shopping center. Don't remember the brand. Also a liquor store.

Not sure. A call to the hotel may obtain this information.

They have a free shuttle to/from the airport and cruise to the cruise terminal.

The hotel is very nice and clean with a nice parking lot.

Hampton Inn on SW12th is great! Very clean & friendly staff, not exactly a "resort" area but more than adequate for a pre-cruise overnight & the free shuttle to the cruise port is a nice bonus. I don't think you'll be disappointed. We've stayed twice pre-cruise & will book again if ever we sail from FLL.

Questions:

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn and the Comfort Inn next door to each other on Stirling Rd. Hampton is a little nicer than the Comfort but the Comfort Inn was renovating. We stayed at the Hampton in September, we liked the convienence of the shopping mall which is in walking distance. (Oakwood Shopping Center)

Are there any fast food restaurants near the Hampton Inn and Suites on Stirling Road? Thanks.

I know there is a McDonalds 1/2 block up the street and I believe there is a Taco Bell on the other side of the Comfort Inn. Both are within easy walking distance.

I would not recommend making that walk after dark.

Are there any fast food restaurants near the Hampton Inn and Suites on Stirling Road? Thanks.

Taco Bell, McDonalds and a Burger King within walking distance. The Hampton has a decent free breakfast and coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the lobby 24 hours. Sometimes cookies at the desk and at breakfast they have a brown bag to go for breakfast, in addition to the hot breakfast. Free computer internet access in the lobby. We like to walk over to BJ's to get our wine to take on the ship with us and go to K-Mart for a couple of 6 packs of Diet-Pepsi.

We've walked to Taco Bell after dark, it's basically right next door to the Comfort Inn which is right next door to the Hampton Inn. There's a lot of activity in that area because of the shopping center, we've even walked back from there in the evening. We were just there last month and are staying at the Comfort Inn next month.

Hope this helps :D

I guess common sense needs to kick in at any city you're not used to. We did walk to the Taco Bell after dark and did not feel threatened. We have reservations for next month at the Comfort Inn on Stirling which is right next door to the Hampton. We're actually looking forward to the convenience of the fast food and the shopping.

We have also walked back from the shopping center in the evening and again didn't feel threatened. Being aware of your surroundings is always a prudent thing to do no matter where you are.

If you'd like to go to other restaurants there are some on the other side of the shopping center so you may want to take a taxi over there. Plus there are movie theatres over the also.

Oakwood Plaza: List of Tenants

·Dave and Buster's ·Hollywood Ale House ·McDonalds ·Moonlite Diner ·Renaissance Subs ·Sweet Tomatoes ·T.G.I. Friday's ·Taco Bell ·Avenue ·BJ's Wholesale Club ·Barnes & Noble Booksellers ·Big K-Mart ·Diamond & Jewelry Exchange ·Dollar Star ·Famous Footwear ·GNC ·Hair Cuttery ·Home Depot Oakwood ·KB Toy Works ·Linen Supermarket ·MacFrugal's ·Marshalls ·Mattress Giant ·Office Max ·Old Navy ·Party Supermarket ·Payless Shoes ·PetSmart ·Rag Shop ·Rave ·Repp Big & Tall ·Supercuts

Hope this information helps.

My Florida kids live in Dania Beach/Hollywood area and we stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across from the Comfort Inn and Hampton Inn on Stirling Road. It is safe to walk from the shopping center at night. Just use precautions as you would at home. If you don't want to go to the fastfood places, there is a diner in the mall or you can take a cab to any of the restaurants nearby. The hotel will help you out with the names.

We are staying pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn on 12th Street in November. I read on their website & according to others who have posted on these boards, I believe that the hotel has a service that will drive you to local restaurants. I'm hoping that that is the case as that is what we plan to do if the service is available.

Hi Everybody,

We will have our car with us...anybody know if any of the above mentioned hotels on Sterling Rd offer a Park and Fly program, where you can park free while on your cruise?

We did that 2 years ago, but their rate is now so high that it would be cheaper to Park at the port.

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Some have said it is dirty, full of bugs, locks don't work, the real bonus to this is you can rent out a woman by the hour.

Also, the staff could care les about any problems.

Please don't stay there and ruin the start of your vacation.

I live two miles from here and I read the police blotter weekly.

Linda

:)

Some have said it is dirty, full of bugs, locks don't work, the real bonus to this is you can rent out a woman by the hour.

Also, the staff could care les about any problems.

Please don't stay there and ruin the start of your vacation.

I live two miles from here and I read the police blotter weekly.

Linda

:)

Wow, we've stayed there twice and so far haven't experienced any of these horrible things!!! As a matter of fact we are staying there again next month. Never saw any ladies of the night, dirty room, bugs, and our locks worked, most folks have been cruisers! The majority of the people were 40 years old and above. Of course, we've only stayed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights so maybe things are different during the week. Even the staff were quite friendly. Maybe we've just been fortunate! :D

Sorry if you've had a bad experience. I've suggested to our friends to stay there and they had no complaints.

Archived