Any one been on the Dream?

We are going out of Houston on 10-14-06 & trying to find out a little about the ship.

Thanks,

Doug

We've been on the Dream twice, if there's anything specific you would like information on, I'll be happy to help.

We were on the Dream about 5 years ago, and plan to be on her again in December. We loved it. Would be happy to answer any questions we can.

The food was very good, staff excellent and quite memorable, room very nice. We had kids with us in an adjoining room.

Can't wait to go again.

We were on the Dream last Christmas, out of Houston on a Western Caribbean cruise. We loved it! Of course, we don't have anything to compare it to since that was our first cruise, but it was a great ship, comfortable room, good food, great staff, and a wonderful itinerary, even if we did miss Cancun because of Hurricane Wilma.

We are going out of Houston on 10-14-06 & trying to find out a little about the ship.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, I will be on the same cruise with you, here are some good pictures taken of the ship back in March.

I too am on the Dream 10/14 cruise. Just a quick question. The brochure that I recieved for 2006/2007 cruises lists the Dream as refurbished in 2005. Does anybody know what they mean by that? I know that it was stretched a number of years ago but am curious what a refurbishment entails.

Keith

Doug, I will be on the same cruise with you, here are some good pictures taken of the ship back in March.

http://cruisecenter.smugmug.com/gallery/1250920

Love the pictures. We have a long time to wait for our trip on the Dream. We leave 2/3/08. So nice to see one of the 62 balcony cabins. We will be very comfy! Thanks for posting!

There is a section here with REVIEWS that people write about their trip. You will also find some reviews on the ROLL CALL boards from people that have been on previous DREAM trips, or just returned. Also, people do post topics like, JUST BACK FROM DREAM... You might have to scan through old postings, or do a SEARCH.

Many or maybe most of those same people that would post that information are no longer watching these boards, and therefore can not answer your post.

Love the pictures. We have a long time to wait for our trip on the Dream. We leave 2/3/08. So nice to see one of the 62 balcony cabins. We will be very comfy! Thanks for posting!

From your post it suggests that you will be in a balcony cabin on the Dream. This has been our choice (2 adults + 1 child) on both sailings on the Dream. As there are so few balcony and suite cabins the perks are higher than for balcony cabins on most of the other ships - robes, hot breakfast items in addition to the standard continental breakfast (our favourite) and sparkling wine on embarkation (I think).

From your post it suggests that you will be in a balcony cabin on the Dream. This has been our choice (2 adults + 1 child) on both sailings on the Dream. As there are so few balcony and suite cabins the perks are higher than for balcony cabins on most of the other ships - robes, hot breakfast items in addition to the standard continental breakfast (our favourite) and sparkling wine on embarkation (I think).

OK, get me more excited! You see how long I have to wait!!! That's great info. I had wondered since the concierge came with the balcony cabin. We checked on the penthouse but decided to go with the balcony. That's one main reason we chose the Dream instead of the Crown.

I have a question about the superior oceanview room. In the pic, it seems there is a clear railing outside the window. Is that a walkway for a deck? Does it mean pax will be walking by the window?

Also, I have to wait to book until late Nov. and chances are the sailing for spring break may be sold out by then. Right now the site shows most of the decks sold out. My question is this: Does anyone think that after final payment some cabins may become available? Thanks!

Karen

I have a question about the superior oceanview room. In the pic, it seems there is a clear railing outside the window. Is that a walkway for a deck? Does it mean pax will be walking by the window?

The deckplans on this site (NCL Europe) will clearly show you what would be outside your cabin. The only deck where I can think of cabins with deck outside is on Deck 7 - promenade deck but not sure what category these cabins are.

http://eu.ncl.com/ncl-eu/index_fleet.html

The deckplans on this site (NCL Europe) will clearly show you what would be outside your cabin. The only deck where I can think of cabins with deck outside is on Deck 7 - promenade deck but not sure what category these cabins are.

Deck 7 cabins are "standard" oceanviews. Superior oceanview cabins (category CC) are on decks 8 (only five CCs), 9 and 10.

Also, I have to wait to book until late Nov. and chances are the sailing for spring break may be sold out by then. Right now the site shows most of the decks sold out. My question is this: Does anyone think that after final payment some cabins may become available? Thanks!

Karen

You can never be certain about cabins becoming available but it seems to happen most of the time. Since you can book on board with no penalty for cancellation till the final payment is due some cabins are bound to appear at that point. But, the better cabins will probably be upsold to those already booked in lower graded cabins.

There is a section here with REVIEWS that people write about their trip. You will also find some reviews on the ROLL CALL boards from people that have been on previous DREAM trips, or just returned. Also, people do post topics like, JUST BACK FROM DREAM... You might have to scan through old postings, or do a SEARCH.

Many or maybe most of those same people that would post that information are no longer watching these boards, and therefore can not answer your post.

Excellent! Very helpful with just a hint of HELLO? McFLY?

Am I wrong to infer that? But I'm glad for the thread...what a great bunch of pictures! Thank you Spring! I didn't find them in the REVEIWS or when I SEARCHED.

I too am on the Dream 10/14 cruise. Just a quick question. The brochure that I recieved for 2006/2007 cruises lists the Dream as refurbished in 2005. Does anybody know what they mean by that? I know that it was stretched a number of years ago but am curious what a refurbishment entails.

Keith

We were on the Dream for an Alaskan cruise in August 2005. About a month prior to our cruise, the ship lost one of the 2 auxilary engines. Because that slowed the ship down, we had to skip one port (Sitka). On our last day back we lost the 2nd auxilary engine, making the ship very late getting back to Seattle. I'm guessing that the "remodel" was to repair the engines.

Other than that, we had a nice cruise. Food was delicious, staff wonderful.

There has been constant maint, painting, minor repairs on every ship we have been on.

Doug

Sea air and salt water make for about the worst possible environment for a floating steel structure. Except for very infrequent "drydock" periods when the ship can be refurbished and updated, there are passengers on board a cruise ship every day. The only to keep up with maintenance is to do it constantly. Kind of like painting a bridge: You start at one end and when you finish at the other, it's time to head back to the beginning to start over.

Be glad they're doing it or you'd be sailing a wreck.

Archived