questions from a Carnival Newbie

jakz2fun

Hello,

I am sure these questions have been asked many times in the past, but I cannot find the information right now. This is my 2nd cruise and 1st on Carnival. My Mother and I are going on the Christmas Cruise on the Triumph. We will be looking up port information on those separate threads.

But I did want to know if Mom will be able to bring some bottled water on board with her. She needs to do this due to health reasons, she wants to make sure the water is OK for her. Also, she prefers Caffine free diet soda. Does anyone know if there is any of this on board? If nos, can she bring her own? This is also a health issue for her.

One more thing right now, does Carnival have a soda card like Princess?

Thank-you in advance for your help.

JoAnn

I don't remember seeing any caffeine-free soft drinks on board Carnival ships. Could be, and I just didn't notice....?

I take my own Cokes and/or Sprites on each cruise. They allow a 'reasonable amount' to be brought on. You can also buy some at the ports you visit and bring back onto the ship.

Water...I take one small bottle of water with me and refill from the ship's water at the dispenser on Lido Deck. I'm kinda picky about water, but I think what the ship has is really good, and has gone through some type purification system.

For specific amounts... we have taken a 12 pack of diet soda and a 12 pack of regular soda on our past 2 cruises (and will do so on Sunday) in our carry ons (so they don't get damaged) without any problems. In Alaska, they did not even look in the case. In Long Beach in March, security did ask to look inside the carry to make sure it was just soda (which is was) . He thanked us and then we moved on.

Sunday we intend to also have a six pack of water. And I don't expect any problems.

I don't remember seeing any caffeine-free soft drinks on board Carnival ships. Could be, and I just didn't notice....?

I take my own Cokes and/or Sprites on each cruise. They allow a 'reasonable amount' to be brought on. You can also buy some at the ports you visit and bring back onto the ship.

Water...I take one small bottle of water with me and refill from the ship's water at the dispenser on Lido Deck. I'm kinda picky about water, but I think what the ship has is really good, and has gone through some type purification system.

Hey girl...you know they aren't going to say anything to a "Platinum" member!

(and I do the same thing with my water bottle...and I still spent $20.00 on water in March~~~guess I was thirsty!)

Archived