Chocolate covered potato chips - Maui?

alwayssingin

Don't laugh! They are really good!:p

When I lived in So. Cal I worked with a girl from Maui. She would go back to visit occasionally, and one time she brought me back a box of chocolate covered potato chips. I haven't been able to find any online. Has anyone ever seen these on the islands?

On our last visit to the Big Island, we got a welcome basket with flavored chips. Our favorite was Maui chips -- delicious onion flavor. I thought we got some chocolate ones too but do not remember the brand. On www dot shop dot com, search for chocolate pototo chips to see some from napa29. Sounds like CA instead of Hawaii.

I guess I'm just going to have to order some online somewhere. :(

I pretty sure the box for these said they were from Maui, but it's been 20 year so whoever made them may have stopped. I tried to make some at home once. The turned out pretty good. Messy, but tasty! :p

I've never seen chocolate covered potato chips from a Hawaii manufacturer before (had them before and they ARE good ... but not from Hawaii). The closest I can get is this:

http://www.bigislandcandies.com/bic/product.asp?pf%5Fid=hawnmacntcrunchies&mscssid=ED4081UF77XL8GK54AR1WADQNESR8Q25

And everything that Big Island Candies makes is pretty good ... :)

Spleen

Archived