Parasailing from Mazatlan, PV or Cabo????

Kayelache

Are there places where one can parasail near where the ship docks in Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas? We will be on the Diamond Princess leaving LA on Nov. 11, and would like to parasail at least once.

Can one book upon arrival? About how much do they charge? Also interested in snorkeling at these three ports.

There is always parasailing available in Mexico where ever you look. You can book in advance in Cabo, but I've never seen anyone booking it in Puerto Vallarta. I don't know about Mazatlan. Otherwise, you can do it on the spot on the beach, if you find one. They are usually available at all the popular beaches. In Cabo, they have tandem parasails as well.

If you don't book in advance, and do it on the beach, keep in mind that you may be able to barter the price down a bit. Expect to pay about $40 for a ride, if you can get less, great. If they are asking you to pay more, try bartering.

Hope this helps - have fun!

We parasail in Cabo all the time, but I wouldn't book it ahead of time. Wait and see what the conditions are. If it's windy or the seas are rough it can be miserable. Imagine flying a kite and pulling up and down on the string... My daughter got seasick (air-sick?) because of it and now refuses to go at all.

Just back from the Riviera...I decided to Parasail in Mazatlan. $35 for about 4 minutes...I thought it was too much for 4 minutes (before I went) but was glad that's all it was when I got done. I have had back surgery and need a triple fusion at this time. It was VERY hard on my back...and I believe it was just the way I was positioned..but I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! We took it from the hotel beach where we had our beach/lunch/shopping excursion which wasnt worth the $50 but the parasailing was.

Funny...cuz I did the Canopy Tour de Los Veranos in PV and had no problems climbing, hiking or doing the 15 zip lines!! THAT IS A MUST!!!!

Good luck and have fun...it was HOT HOT HOT and HUMID!

Hello! Jbags58, We are thinking of going on a MR cruise, and I have read all about the Los Veranos zip lines. It sounds like a blast, but 15 years ago I had neck surgery where the took ribs out and messed up collar bone and arm. I really want to do this, have no daily pain, but it said if you have back and neck problems don't do it. Do you think it was hard on your neck? I am in good shape otherwise, hike, bike, stay active with the kids. Thanks for your help.

Archived