Transportation to Galveston?

swissmax

We are considering a cruise in January out of Galveston and are wondering what is the easiest and most economical way to get from Houston Hobby to Galveston. Also, any recommendations for a place to stay the night before? :confused:

Go to Galveston.com. There is the Galveston Limo service which is like a bus service between IHA and Hobby to Galveston. It costs about $60.00 round trip per person.

As for hotels:

the Tremont House

the Galvez

the Sand Luis Resort

Moody Gardens Hotel

the Hilton Resort

There are others. I took this from a list of Brn2crz. He is a local.

No, I can not pack until I get final clearance from doctor. But I have new pretty pink suitcases. I have my Set Sail pass ready and have my Traveller's Checks ready. I'm going to get my hair don next tues. I am doing horrible to-day on spelling.

After finding this message on another link, we are considering staying near the airport, then hiring a limo to take us to the port in the morning. Hotel was cheaper than one in Galveston, and limo just a little more than the shuttle service.

South Coast Limousine(southcoastlimousine

We stayed at Marriott Courtyard in Houston. Close to Hobby. They offer a 24 hour shuttle from airport to hotel. We then had South Houston Limo {Jose} 1-713-303-8299 deliver us to the port the next morning. This worked well for us. I do know our limo driver can get some rates at the motel. We found this out after our cruise, but great for future reference. Give Jose a call and see if he can help you

After finding this message on another link, we are considering staying near the airport, then hiring a limo to take us to the port in the morning. Hotel was cheaper than one in Galveston, and limo just a little more than the shuttle service.

South Coast Limousine(southcoastlimousine

We stayed at Marriott Courtyard in Houston. Close to Hobby. They offer a 24 hour shuttle from airport to hotel. We then had South Houston Limo {Jose} 1-713-303-8299 deliver us to the port the next morning. This worked well for us. I do know our limo driver can get some rates at the motel. We found this out after our cruise, but great for future reference. Give Jose a call and see if he can help you

I've used Jose myself and can definitely recommend him. He was a wonderful gentleman. Prompt to pick us up at the airport, very clean vehicle, and very friendly. He definitely can get some deals at the Marriott's around Hobby.

Archived