bring soda on board?

trey420

can you bring soda on board the ship say 2, 2lts

Yes!!:D We've always brought a case of soda & a case of water on with us. Just hook a luggage tag to it & they'll deliver it to your room! Beats buying it at their cost from the start.:rolleyes:

We are planning to take some with us! We are packing and checking a small suitcase with a couple 6 pk/12 oz colas, gatorade and water. We will also put snorkeling gear, fan and odds and ends into this suitcase.

I just hope the soda makes it through without any leaks :eek: We are triple bagging just incase. ;)

Do you know if soda put in checked baggage will be OK? Is cargo pressurized. Soda is served on the plane so that is OK, but I heard someone say once that the cans exploded in their suitcase (checked).

Soda is fine to bring on board. Depending on your embarkation port and ports visited, it may be easier to buy the soda there instead of lugging them all on at once.

On an Alaskan cruise, Vancouver terminal had a shop that sold 12 packs of soda - bought a couple right there. Most of the Alaskan ports had small grocery or convenience stores within walking distance that sold 12 packs. Always grabbed a pack or two.

In a couple Caribbean ports, the duty free liquor stores also sold soda. Just stopped by before getting back onboard the ship.

Do you know if soda put in checked baggage will be OK? Is cargo pressurized. Soda is served on the plane so that is OK, but I heard someone say once that the cans exploded in their suitcase (checked).

Surely not worth the risk or stress. Buy it before you board ship.

I wouldn't put it in the suitcase. Luggage handlers throw suitcases around like rubber balls. Way to easy for one to break open. Not to mention there is a 50lb limit per suitcase so you will probably go over. I think you are better off stopping at a store or see if a gift shop at the airport has 12 packs or something when you land in Florida.

I packed wine, soda, beer, and water. Had no problem at check in, nothing was said onboard..... But, one bottle exploded in my suitcase. I didn't wrap it good enough. My fault!

I wonder if cans would explode???

You could pack a cheap duffle bag and between the airport and the ship have the cab driver stop at a Walgreens or similar and grab a case or two of canned soda/beer and put it in the duffle bag and slap a luggage tag on it. Then you have an empty duffle bag to stuff all the dirty clothes on on your return trip.

You could pack a cheap duffle bag and between the airport and the ship have the cab driver stop at a Walgreens or similar and grab a case or two of canned soda/beer and put it in the duffle bag and slap a luggage tag on it. Then you have an empty duffle bag to stuff all the dirty clothes on on your return trip.

Great idea!

Archived