Toy Store in Bermuda

KyCruzer

Hi Everybody,

We are heading for Bermuda October 15th on the Explorer and we are so excited. We are traveling with 5 girls and I would like for them to have the opportunity to purchase a toy at a Bermuda toy store. Can you tell me where they are and their names? Do the children of Bermuda play with any hand made Bermudian toys? Does Bermuda have any specialities when it comes to toys?

Thanks in advance.

KyCruzer

We were in Bermuda a couple of weeks ago and I don't remember seeing any toy store in or near Hamilton. But keep in mind I was not looking for one either. Most of the shops were knick knacks or linen, china, and lots of jewelry. The prices in bermuda are quite high. This website might help in your search.

http://www.experiencebermuda.com/shopping/index.html?type=all

Sue

I don't have children but I can give you two places in Hamilton of Toy Stores. Jack 'N' Jills which is located on Park Road. This would be two streets back from City Hall - not a long walk. The other place closer to Front Street would be The Phoenix Centre (our pharmacy). The toy department is located on the lower level.

Three years ago when we went to Bermuda we found a yellow pages online for Bermuda. IT was something like ypbermuda.com or something like that. I'm sure you can find it with a search engine. Once you find it look under toys. Good luck.

--Jo

I don't have children but I can give you two places in Hamilton of Toy Stores. Jack 'N' Jills which is located on Park Road. This would be two streets back from City Hall - not a long walk. The other place closer to Front Street would be The Phoenix Centre (our pharmacy). The toy department is located on the lower level.

From the ad in the yellow pages, the Annex of Toys, claims to have the largest selection of toys on the island. It also has a website: www.phoenixstores.com. Last year, we shopped at a big toy store on a corner of a street near the birdcage. But when we went by there last week, it seemed to have been replaced by an appliance store. Is that the store called Toys n' Stuff on the corner of Queen and Church Streets? That would be too bad if true because the toy store we stopped at last year had an extensive inventory and the prices were similar to the US.

I'm a huge fan of Jack & Jills, I used to go there at least once a week to buy candy (they have big jars of candy and sell by weight, just like candy stores from way-back when). It's harder to find then the Phoenix but I think it's worth the walk. Here's some directions:

Go to Victoria park

Go out the west gate (not the gate at the northwest corner)

Go across the street and walk along the road going away from the park.

Jack & Jills is about 70yrds along, on your right-hand side.

They even try to get in European candy. My favourite was salty licorice from Holland. :cool:

From the ad in the yellow pages, the Annex of Toys, claims to have the largest selection of toys on the island. It also has a website: www.phoenixstores.com. Last year, we shopped at a big toy store on a corner of a street near the birdcage. But when we went by there last week, it seemed to have been replaced by an appliance store. Is that the store called Toys n' Stuff on the corner of Queen and Church Streets? That would be too bad if true because the toy store we stopped at last year had an extensive inventory and the prices were similar to the US.

Toys n' Stuff has closed.

Toys n' Stuff has closed.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. But when we walked by the appliance store, I was pretty sure that it used to be Toys n' Stuff. How sad as it was an excellent store with a tremendous inventory and reasonable prices. We were looking forward to shopping there last week. It is a similar feeling when we heard Trimingham's was closing. I had shopped at that store since my first visit in 1967, almost 40 years ago.

Archived