Capt. Bryans Was Great

TMWOOD1012

We just came off the Caribbean Princess and used Capt. Bryans on our own.

It was a great time.... the Catamaran was great..we got out there early and were treated wonderfully! Our captain did everything to make sure we had a safe and enjoyable experience. He got into the water at each stop and pointed out things, fed a nurse shark, lured a moray eel out to be viewed and had one of his mates dive in and pick up some starfish for us to see up close.

Great, great time!!

We too did this excursion and there were 11 adults and 1 child on board. Plenty of room to roam. It was one of the best excursions I have done!!

By any chance do you have the photographers email address or phone number? I can't find my business card she gave me and I am waiting for my DVD to arrive. Just wanted to check on it with her.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Did you happen to make the 7:45 am meeting time at Capt. Bryans OK? How did you go about getting a fast tender? We are on his tour in a couple of weeks and this has been a concern of mine, making the 7:45 am meeting, when the ship only arrives at 7:00 am.

The photographers onboard the Buccaneer were VIP Productions. Their contact info is:

Web site: www.vipcayman.com

Phone number: 345 945 1561

We were on the catamaran at the end of Sept and it was great. We were a little shocked at the state of the place where we met to get on the bus but had a great time after that.

Well....I want to give everyone a head's up...just so you will know. :D We did the Capt Bryan's Bucanneer excursion Oct. 3rd and my experience was just "ok".

I chose this excursion because I thought that it would not be very crowded. The boat was full and there were NO snacks at all. I specifically asked through email if there would be snacks on board, because the other excursions I researched does have snacks (fruit, chips and juice). We didn't even have any type of food that we could buy. I heard many complaints. Sure, there were $4 beers, but I can't make it on beer. LOL

Also, they never put the sail up. :(

Plus, if you can't stand the heat....you may want to book with someone else. The bus we went on did not have AC and was very cramped and hot.

I'm sure ours could have be an isolated incident...but it was our experience. I've heard only good things about Capt Bryan's. The snorkeling was great...which I suppose is what the excursion was about...but we didn't get what we were told we would get. If you decide to do this excursion please bring your own snacks, especially if you have children.

I am booked to go on the Buccaneer on Nov 7 and now I am a little worried after reading your post...

I was try to deciede between Capt Bryans or Captian Marvins... now I am thinking I made a mistake booking with Capt Bryans.... please tell me I didn't make a mistake.

Captain Bryan's has two different excursions. The buccaneer is the later in the day excursion. We were on the Hannibal and really loved it. We too didn't get to have the sails raised but then there wasn't any wind. The water was like a mirror, not a ripple!!! Even without sailing it was still a blast.

We were a little late getting off the ship but was able to get over to their location at 8:05am and they were waiting. A couple of other couples didn't make it before we left at 8:20am.

The day I wrote about getting in touch with the photographer I got my DVD. The pictures were great!!

I really loved this excursion!!!

We went on Captain Bryans in 2000. I called ahead of time and we showed up with 80 people. I think there were first shocked that we showed up and then overwhelmed we had so many people. They found a bus and a pick up truck and drove us to the other side of the island where the huge catamaran was docked. We had the best time. Only thing was back then they had only water on board. If we had known we would have brought everything but we were novices back then. Never take anything for granted. Make sure ahead of time what they have and don't and bring what you need.

I was on the Captain Bryan's Buccaneer trip last month and I had a great time. They DID have snacks and sodas/juices for sale--not sure why some people didn't have that. Even so, we knew we were going on a boat and going snorkeling, so we had a big breakfast and we were fine.

There also was no wind, so no sail, but hey--that's mother nature, not Captain Bryan's fault.

The guides were wonderful and really got us involved with the stingrays and the eel out when we were snorkeling. I gave them a big tip.

I thought it was a great tour. Both Captain Marvin's and Captain Bryan's get good and bad reviews on CC. I wouldn't worry because it seems that with either company, 90% of the people have a great time.

Archived