Philadelphia????

49holding

i am considering a cruise to Bermuda next fall on the empress. I have cruised on the Zenith to Bermuda, prefer RCL and want to bypass the explorers short bermuda stay...so it looks like the empress wins out. Anyone have any info on the port of Philadelphia??? How convienent is it , how is the parking???/ We live in NY but our dghtr will probably be attending a college in PA next fall so hopefully will be able to see her and kill 2 birds with one stone......... TIA

Hi, I am not sure how familiar you are with Philly, but the port is very convienent right off of I-95 exit 17. My daughter also goes to school in Philly at UPENN and we thought of doing this cruise also for the same reasons. LOL

Sue

Philadelphia has a splendid history of handling/launching ships of every type. Most recently, Celebrity had the port to itself, but NCL and RCI ships now routinely depart south Philadelphia for Bermuda and New England. The cruise ship terminal is part of the former Philadelphia Navy Yard facility so it is spacious while offering easy access. The terminal is a 20-minute ride from the airport and about the same for Center City/University City. Parking, I believe, is $10.00 a day. Parking passengers will ride a shuttle for a short trip to the terminal. Airport limo passengers and others can unload directly in front of the terminal. Most posting people here speak of 20-25 minute processing in and out.

Food/snacks is limited to what is sold in the terminal and a lone hotdog truck parked out front. There are no restaurants/shops within walking distance.

We're cruising "Empress" Saturday and we drove down last weekend to get a peek at the ship. We've also attended fun tall ship celebrations at the cruise ship terminal.

Philly would make a great jumping off point for you! And, there's still plenty to do when you get back. :)

Hi, I am not sure how familiar you are with Philly, but the port is very convienent right off of I-95 exit 17. My daughter also goes to school in Philly at UPENN and we thought of doing this cruise also for the same reasons. LOL

Sue

Hey Sue, just got to say Go Quakers!!!

Archived