Just Back..thoughts

janetz

Just back from the Legend. In Tortola when you step off the ship there are MANY taxi's waiting to take you were you want to go. We went to Cane Garden Beach. Taxi holds about 20 and the cost to and from was 12.00pp They drop you off and pick you up when you want.

The beach was lovely. They have chairs with unbrella's set up at the water for 5.00 for each chair and 3 for the unbrella's. There are a few places to get food and drink. The PAINKILLERS they sell ,right were you enter the beach, are 5.00pp. If you walk further down the beach there is a little place with a blue roof..2 for 5.00! Don't worry about getting back on time. There are about 30 taxi's that sit right there at the beach. There are also some huts were you can shop. The beach is beautiful. :)

Thanks for the report -- we'll keep it in mind if we ever get over to CGB. For now, we can't imagine not spending all of our Tortola time at the awesome Baths, but after another 4 or 5 visits, we might be ready to try another of Tortola spot. :)

Thanks Janetz for the information. We will be in Tortola next month and will definitely go to Cane Garden Beach since our ship arrives in the afternoon and there is not enough time to go to the Baths.

Regards,

Glad you were just there to answer questions,

1.) Besides chairs and umbrellas, are there any restroom facilities?

2.)Also is this beach more for adults, or would it be ok for teens, any activities like waverunners or snorkeling condition?

I was reading some posts about water condition being not "healthy" as waste from yachts nearby... thus locals didn't use this beach.

Perhaps that is old info?

Feedback please.

Glad you were just there to answer questions,

1.) Besides chairs and umbrellas, are there any restroom facilities?

2.)Also is this beach more for adults, or would it be ok for teens, any activities like waverunners or snorkeling condition?

I was reading some posts about water condition being not "healthy" as waste from yachts nearby... thus locals didn't use this beach.

Perhaps that is old info?

Feedback please.

I'd also like to know.

Yes there are restrooms, and also a few restaurants. You can rent beach toys and have a ball.

The water is clear and very calm, but not perfectly still. I didnt see any "waste" The one thing I did and taught myself a lesson....I sat in the sand at the waters edge and let the water wash over me, just lovely until you stand up and have a huge load of sand in your bathing suit! I also gathered the small shells that washed in, took them home and put them in a cup of water in the bathroom to rinse the sand from them. Well my whole bathroom really smelled. Upon close examination, the shells I had gathered still had tiny "things" in them. Now my backyard is full of "disdplaced mini-clams"

Yes there are restrooms, and also a few restaurants. You can rent beach toys and have a ball.

The water is clear and very calm, but not perfectly still. I didnt see any "waste" The one thing I did and taught myself a lesson....I sat in the sand at the waters edge and let the water wash over me, just lovely until you stand up and have a huge load of sand in your bathing suit! I also gathered the small shells that washed in, took them home and put them in a cup of water in the bathroom to rinse the sand from them. Well my whole bathroom really smelled. Upon close examination, the shells I had gathered still had tiny "things" in them. Now my backyard is full of "disdplaced mini-clams"

Think of sand as a natural exfoliator :D I actually found a recipe for an at the beach recipe that uses sand and creates an on the spot spa treatment, you didn't know you were giving yourself a treatment. Thanks for input on beach. Oh, I kow how bad just shells can smell. :p

Archived