which side is the statue of liberty on?

haras

Haha I feel silly asking, but which side is it on? I'm from the west coast so that's my excuse for the ignorance. :rolleyes: I'm going to guess and say the starboard side. This is for a cruise to the Eastern Carribean.

I'm on the starboard side so I'm hoping to do my own sail away party on my balcony. Or is the best view up on the highest deck?

TIA!

Not positive but I can't see how it could be anything but Starboard. I'd say be out on deck, then you can see downtown, NY. I know it will be an emotional sight for me. I grew up in Jersey Cityand remember the WTC being built. Somehow the skyline without the towers just doesn't seem right. I know there will be a silent prayer in my heart when we pass lower Manhattan.

We did the Legend out of NYC - had my parents with us - their first cruise - it was absolutly WONDERFUL! You might want to be up on the top deck going under the bridge - you will never forget it! (won't say anything more)!

The Statue of Liberty is on the starboard side at sailaway, but if you're interested in taking pictures the best photos will be when you return; at sailaway, the sun will behind the statue and you'll be shooting into the sun. When you return, the sun will be behind you - much better photos. Similarly, photos of Manhattan will be better at sailaway then when you return.

We did our first sailaway (NYC on Victory) on our balcony. The next two cruises (Conquest from NOLA and Legend from NYC) we sailed late and were in the dining room at sailaway. (That's what you can get with early seating.) Last month on Victory, I was on deck for sailaway and loved it - just a great atmosphere with lots of folks having a good time. (Especially going under the bridge - much better experienced on deck than on the balcony. Okay, I won't say anything more either, other than to join moxie's recommendation that you go up as high on the ship as you can!:D )

I would recommend waking early the morning you arrive back in NY harbor and either going out on your balcony or going up on deck. Coming into NYC by water is a great experience.

Sarah - I'll be at Ellis Island and the Statue next Wednesday when you board Legend (middle son's class trip). I'll be thinking of y'all!

I'm gettin' excited by your description of the statue of liberty! Okay so on the way back, we'd see her on the port side, right?

Kathy...I'll wave at you when we sail by.

:)

Here's the statue off the Starboard side of Carnival Victory on 7/15/06:

56324.jpg

Try to be up on a high deck - the views of New York are stunning, and you will never, ever, see anything like this view of the Verrazano Narrows bridge again:

56401.jpg

Archived