Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgviing

MrsMoose2001

Hi to all those in the USA, I wish you a very happy columbus day, and long weekend.

To all those in Canada, a very happy and blessed thanksgiving.

to all those travelling, I wish you healthy, happy safe travels.

I hope y'all enjoy your new fall clothes, cruise clothes and just all your new purchases. Wear everything in the best of health

For those celebrating Halloween (Samhain) I wish you a very blessed Samhain (Halloween). And a very happy and healthy Celtic New Year (which is Samhain which is Halloween).

I hope everyone who is going to costume parties, has a wonderful new costume to wear. Enjoy!!!

Hey Mrs. Moose, Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! This year instead of cooking a turkey and having the family in for dinner, we're going to be en route to Venice to set sail on the Rotterdam for a Mediterranean cruise. We did a similar itinerary 2 years ago and had such a wonderful time, that we just had to go again. We're taking the trip to celebrate DH's 65th birthday - and can't wait to leave.

I've always been of the belief that we in the "frozen tundra" have Thanksgiving in October so that we're not sick of turkey when Christmas rolls around. :D

Happy Columbus Day to our dear friends and neighbours to the south - hope you have a great holiday.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Moose!:D It was nice to read this...being a Canadian in the USA! We will be celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend with our family and then American Thanksgiving with my DH's family in Texas.

And a heartful thank you from you too.

Shuga, I'm the reverse, I'm american married to a french canadian. Growing up his family never celebrated for some reason, and it's just the two of us so we don't do anything.

Sometimes for US, if my American Club has a dinner we go, if not, sometimes I made the dinner sometimes not, I'm not a fan of turkey, I like the stuffing and sweet potato and chestnuts, but I can have that anytime. DH loves chestnuts and often have them in the winter with duck or chicken. He also likes the "green bean caserole", and I can always boy a pie, don't need thanksgiving to do that either.

It's more just about being thankful for the blessings in my life, but I should do that everyday of the year, not just on the one day.

Ester, you crack me up, ROTFLMA, but you are correct. The Vikings did discover American first, actually I think Vesputici (sp?) was there first too, so I don't know why?

Anyway to keep this on a fashion note? What are y'all wearing for thanksgiving, US or Canadian?

ester e: Happy Birthday to you !

My birthday's a national holiday, as well - I've never had to go to school on my birthday, nor have I had to work on it; I was born on December 25. :D It's a double edged sword, however, because I've never been able to have a real birthday party on the actual day, having to celebrate either before or after. My DH has given me an "alternate birthday" in May when we have nothing else going on in our family, and it's a day when I get the royal treatment, dinner, cake, party, and oh, did I forget to mention - presents ? ? ? I'm pretty spoiled and will be the first to admit it, but I love it.

Our last two cruises have been during American T-Giving. They have always had an attempt at Thanks Giving Dinner with Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, and Sweet Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes.

First of all do you eat the same stuff for Canandian Thanksgiving??

Second, does Celebrity offer a special dinner for those of you Celebrating??

We've never had a turkey dinner on Cdn Thanksgiving on a cruise ship. Just the same old, same old, you know, salads, chilled soups, entrees to die for, and delicious desserts. No turkey. sigh. :rolleyes:

Yes, we do eat the same thing in the "frozen tundra" as y'all do down south for Thanksgiving - turkey, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes & gravy, and of course, punkin pie! ! ! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be treated to any of the above on the Lufthansa flight - likely "mystery meat" and some noxious green vegetables. (note to self: don't forget to pack trail mix).

We've never sailed on Celebrity, so I can't comment on the last one.

In Quebec, not many people do celebrate Thanksgiving, for me and for most of people I know, it's just a reason for a 3-day weekend. My boyfriend and I are going to Bar Harbor this weekend. I LOVE THAT PLACE and I want to show him Acadia National Park (October is a less crowded too, better experience and we are lucky, the weather forecast is on our side).

In Quebec, not many people do celebrate Thanksgiving, for me and for most of people I know, it's just a reason for a 3-day weekend. My boyfriend and I are going to Bar Harbor this weekend. I LOVE THAT PLACE and I want to show him Acadia National Park (October is a less crowded too, better experience and we are lucky, the weather forecast is on our side).

Bar Harbor is beautiful, enjoy, safe healthy happy travels.

You are so right, in the USA most restaurants open for thanksgiving (except chinese of course) will offer the traditional thanksgiving dinner. Here I've never really seen it offered for canadian thanksgiving. One restaurant in Old Montreal used to do American Thanksgiving even though the owner was canadian, but he offered it for over 20 years until he sold the place last year. You are very right, I do believe that for most french canadians it is just a long weekend. None of my french canadian friends celebrate with turkey, etc. I don't even see the meals advertised in the restaurants here and I've been to Quebec City many times at this time of year and never seen it offered there either.

I'm having dinner tonight with a couple who are from Winnipeg, DH clients I must remember to ask them. They live here now, but are from Winnipage orignally and have lived in Vancouver also.

Whatever your celebration have a wonderful long weekend!!!!:)

Archived