past Legend cruisers

haras

Hi,

I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do with myself on the day we disembark the ship. For those who have recently sailed on the Legend to the eastern carribbean, what time did you actually get off the ship? My itinerary says we arrive at 9am. Almost every cruise I've been on in the past, we've arrived early early in the morning. If we actually arrive at 9 am, does this mean we won't step foot on land until around 11 am?

Just trying to figure out how much time I'll have until my flight leaves JFK that day.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I just came off of the Legend on Tuesday :( We did the self assist and were off the ship at about 9:30. Originally, I had booked a flight from LGA at 12:20, but I changed it to a later one from JFK. I really could have made that flight no problem, but you just never know when something is going to come up. Better safe than sorry.

I just came off of the Legend on Tuesday :( We did the self assist and were off the ship at about 9:30. Originally, I had booked a flight from LGA at 12:20, but I changed it to a later one from JFK. I really could have made that flight no problem, but you just never know when something is going to come up. Better safe than sorry.

We didn't want to wait in the lobby with the long lines, crowds and chaos, so we relaxed in our cabin until they made the last call for self-assist, and got off the ship about 10:15. If we had pressing time concerns, we would have gotten in line early, and I'm guessing we would have been able to disembark a good deal earlier, but I can't say for sure what time they actually started letting people disembark.

My flight is actually at 6:20 pm from JFK but since we won't have a car, I'm trying to figure out how much time I'll be at the airport bored waiting for my flight. If I can actually loiter around on board until 11 or 12, I won't mind so much. I figure it's a Thursday so we'll get a private car for 3 hours and drive around.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

I would say the absolute latest (if all goes according to schedule) would be 11. I was traveling by myself, so my tablemate invited me over to her house to hang out until my flight. That was so lucky for me or I would have been like you-just hanging out at the airport forever!

My flight is actually at 6:20 pm from JFK but since we won't have a car, I'm trying to figure out how much time I'll be at the airport bored waiting for my flight. If I can actually loiter around on board until 11 or 12, I won't mind so much. I figure it's a Thursday so we'll get a private car for 3 hours and drive around.

Thanks so much for all the replies!

Consider taking the Everglades tour (book thru Carnival on your TV - can't be booked prior to sailing) - pretty cheap (about $40pp?). It kills time AND it includes a ride to the airport. We did it & it was GREAT. You'll still have plenty of time to get a meal at the airport before the flight. Beats having to hassle with rental cars, etc, if you have no specific plans in port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=312804 This is my BF's review of our Legend Cruise. Somewhere in there is info on the Everglades Tour, too!

Enjoy!

Sha

We just sailed the Legend last month. Our ship came in on Monday at 8a. We did self-assist debark and we were off the ship by 9:30a.

It actually took longer to get a cab than to get off the ship. We thought we'd be OK getting a cab because when we embarked there were a TON of cabs waiting to take the people that were getting off the ships that had come in. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case! We ended up calling Carmel car serivce (212.666.6666) and got a private car to take us to LGA for only $31 - when we were waiting in line for a cab other drivers quoted us $50+ (they'd ask where we needed to go & if they didn't want to take us, they'd walk away! :rolleyes: )

We were worried about our flight too - our flight left at 2p out of LaGuardia. We made it there around 11a.

Have fun! We had a BLAST on the Legend! I recommend the 'BOB Adventure' in St. Thomas!!!

Nicole

Jubilee 10/96

Conquest 12/02

Legend 9/06

We just sailed the Legend last month. Our ship came in on Monday at 8a. We did self-assist debark and we were off the ship by 9:30a.

It actually took longer to get a cab than to get off the ship. We thought we'd be OK getting a cab because when we embarked there were a TON of cabs waiting to take the people that were getting off the ships that had come in. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case! We ended up calling Carmel car serivce (212.666.6666) and got a private car to take us to LGA for only $31 - when we were waiting in line for a cab other drivers quoted us $50+ (they'd ask where we needed to go & if they didn't want to take us, they'd walk away! :rolleyes: )

We were worried about our flight too - our flight left at 2p out of LaGuardia. We made it there around 11a.

Have fun! We had a BLAST on the Legend! I recommend the 'BOB Adventure' in St. Thomas!!!

Nicole

Jubilee 10/96

Conquest 12/02

Legend 9/06

Thanks! I've been looking for a good private car service.

Can you tell me what time you got to the airport? I have a lot of time to kill and am thinking about just renting a car and driving to the beach.

I got to JFK one hour and 15 minutes before my flight and had time to sit down and eat lunch. There wer no lines at all at American. This was at 3 pm on a Tuesday. My friend that lives in Queens says that she never gets to the airport more than an hour before her flight.

Archived