Have to decide quick - I Guarantee Serenade

Trying to make up our minds about the 9/16 Serenade Mexican cruise out of San Diego. Have an "I" Guarantee on hold - this translates to a Large Oceanview on Deck 2. The cruise appears to be almost sold out. Anyone know what it is like on deck 2 - are you at about the waterline? We live in San Diego so it will be a quick easy trip to the ship. We're booked on the Radiance for Alaska next year and I think it would be fun to get familiar with the ship. Talk me into this - please! :)

I am giong!!! You should go!!! We love Cabo and that is the main reason for this cruise for us - plus we are going to be in San Diego anyway that weekend! We also have been looking forward to sailing on this ship ever since she was brand new!!! Our ship is almost sold out - I think there are maybe 5-10 cabins left and thats it

Deck 2, though you may be embaressed to announce you're on the lowest deck, is PERFECTLY FINE. You are well above the water line (even in rough seas, no worries you will not see water splashing on your window or anything. The port hole is bigger than you might think but it's definitely not a window or balcony. Besides...no one spends THAT much time in the cabin - take the cruise!:)

Deck 2, though you may be embaressed to announce you're on the lowest deck, is PERFECTLY FINE. You are well above the water line (even in rough seas, no worries you will not see water splashing on your window or anything. The port hole is bigger than you might think but it's definitely not a window or balcony. Besides...no one spends THAT much time in the cabin - take the cruise!:)

This answer is right on the money. No more tiny portholes, also the lower down you go the less rocking, so if the seas are rough you wont feel it to much. Just feel lots of pity for the people up top. We were on deck 3 once and what was a gentle rock on our deck was a slamming into the walls on deck 9

Tyrkitty, Hubby and I will also be sailing on this cruise, that is if you mean the 10/16/2006 cruise, and live in San Diego. I can go you one better. We are on Deck 2, however inside, across from those port hole cabins. We have never booked a window or balcony and the only times we have had one was when the "upgrade fairy" came a callin'.

Hey, come on over to our Roll Call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=290263&page=31

if you decide to book and say "Howdie". A lot of Southern CA folks there and even another San Diegonite.

Yep, heard a rumor that this sailing was so booked up that it was overbooked and they were offering onboard credits to change to the Vision. That's why I'm surprised you found any availaibilty at all.

We sailed the Serenade Back to Back last October, San Diego-San Juan (12 days), then the Southern Caribbean route (7 days). She is a wonderful ship, which is why I couldn't resist booking this short Mexican Riviera cruise when I found out about it back the first part of this year. Would have liked a longer one, however she is spoken for, via a charter for the 7 days after our cruise.

OK, now, did I convince you?:D

Archived