Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Nuncie

We booked the Amerisuites hotel in Ft. L. this past August and it was great. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the port, very quick and painless. Hotel is close to restaurants and a strip center if you forget anything. We booked it through http://www.valuetrips.com and got it for $69. It is not 5 star but it was definitely worth the money and then some.

Tim & Crystal

It can get expencive depending on when you are staying, but we always stay at the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale. I would say it is within two or three miles of Port Everglades and I know it has recently been redone. We have never had a bad experience there, great way to begin the cruise!

hello, we are staying at the embassey suites at ft.lauderdale on the 13th of oct. before we head to miami to catch the ship. we are looking for some where to eat friday night that is close by. i have looked at different sites to get some ideas, but my father who is with us can not travel a great distance so we need some where close. his health isn't the best and loud places make him nervous. thier is 6 of us altogether(me,wife,daughter9,son6,mother, and dad) any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. john:D

There is an Outback across the side street from the Embassy Suites (have to walk out through the pool area and the parking lot and cross the street and it is there). There are also a lot of restraunts on 17th Street itself - there is a steakhouse right across the street - you will have to walk to the corner, cross the stree and down to the restaurant....and there are a lot of other restaurants on 17th within walking distance. You can also eat at the restaurant in the hotel (a bit expensive but all hotel restaurants are.)

Just got back from a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Everglades. We stayed at The Fort Lauderdale Grande www.fortlauderdalegrande.com - since it is under remodel and most of the restaurants are closed, it is quite cheap - we payed $69 a night for the most plush hotel beds I have ever slept in (down alternative comforters, "featherbed" and I believe down pillows!) Just like home, or maybe better. Plus we had a harbor view room, which although the cheapest rate, allows you to watch the cruise ships come into port from your balcony (ask for a room on the fifth floor or higher in the west villa to see the cruise port). All rooms have balconies (great for smokers) and the fitness center, pool and hottub are a great way to transition from airplane to cruise ship.

The hotel operates a complimentary shuttle 4 or 5 times a day to the Ft. Lauderdale Beach and on demand complimentary shuttle to Cruise ship terminals in Port Everglades.

I felt it was a good value if you are looking only for a comfortable, clean and quiet nights rest before your cruise. Not a very good place if you want to enjoy the nightlife without taking a taxi anywhere. There is a charge for parking. There is a Walgreen's about 3 blocks away which is convenient for buying all those liquid items you didn't want to check through with your clothing. I learned the hard way - sunscreen and silk dresses DO NOT mix!

I have also heard the Bahia Mar resort is nice, but haven't stayed there - I know they do not offer any complimentary shuttle services - something to think about if you want to keep the cost down. The Ramada airport/cruise port offers free shuttles from the airport and to the cruiseport - but I haven't seen the accomodations personally, so other than seeing the shuttle going from the airport (it looked clean, new, and comfortable) I can't say anything more about this property.

We booked the Amerisuites hotel in Ft. L. this past August and it was great. They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the port, very quick and painless. Hotel is close to restaurants and a strip center if you forget anything. We booked it through http://www.valuetrips.com and got it for $69. It is not 5 star but it was definitely worth the money and then some.

I have read elsewhere on this board that valuetrips will not be offering the Amerisuites in FLL after Dec 31. I think it said that there's new ownership and/or a conversion to another hotel brand in the works.

Hello...Choosing a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, at least in our opinion, is up to each individual or couple. There are so many choices, price ranges and different people personalities and tastes.

We feel that our day prior to curising, just as important as the day we board the ship. I figure, I am on vacation, so I am not going to worry about what the room costs, but others just want an inexpensive hotel just to sleep, while we want to enjoy a more quaint, luxiourious setting, near the water.

If you do not mind paying over $200 for the room, we are staying at The Pillars, at New River Sound in Fort Lauderdale. This hotel is rated the number 1 or 2 hotel in all of Fort Lauderdale. It sits right on the intercoastal waterway. They pick you up at the airport and take you to the hotel, then take you from the hotel to the pier for the cruise. The rooms are just outstanding, the food is top nothc, plus you can eat right on the water. The view is breathless, and the place is not that big. Their webstie shows everything and the reviews are all superb.

I'm not saying this is what you or anyone else is looking for, but it is a choice many prefer and worth looking inot.

Whatever you decide, best of luck and enjoy your cruise. We are also on the Radiance in November.

Dave

Archived