Monarch/Majesty of the Seas Need help!

Anybody been on any of these two ships recently? Deciding on Enchantment of the Seas and either one of the above, but Enchantment is double the price, is it worth it? It's just for four days! My travel agent says that Monarch and Majesty are older ships, but are they still in good shape? Thanks for any help you can give. Appreciate it.

There has been a flurry of threads about Monarch over the past month or so. If you do a search, you will find them. She is our favorite ship for a short getaway. For a 4-night cruise, I would go with the ship that's closest to where you live, as the airfare could price you right out of the cruise.

I've been on both, although the Majesty trip was a couple years ago. Both were in great shape, I thought, especially for a 4 day cruise. Just got off Monarch and LOVED it! It also depends on when you are going, as Majesty is scheduled for a drydock this winter, so she should really be in tip top shape after that. Like Critterchick said, you need to factor in airfare, and even where you want to go! Good luck!

I've been on the Majesty twice--it's fine for a 3 day cruise. If you're thinking about the cheap 7 day sailings it is doing over the holidays BEFORE it goes into drydock, consider the fact that unless you get the top oceanview staterooms or a suite, the rooms are TINY, and the Enchantment has nicer rooms and more in the way of facilities and dining choices.

Les

Archived