What are the best Hotels nearest the port in San Diego?

OceanFantasys

Hoping some of you CA's can give me some advice to this clueless texan. I have been on several cruises but never leaving CA.. i would like a nice hotel. 3 star, maybe 4 that is soooooo close I can run not walk to get on that glorious HOLLAND SHIP.. lol.. Ok if all else fails, I would be willing to take a cab.. :D We will by flying in from Dallas and I am not sure of even what airport it is we will be arriving at.. Do yall know the name of it? Thanks. Do any hotels offer shuttles from airport to pier? All the info u guys can give would sure help planning my pre cruise a snap..

Thank you

Rhonda

San Diego International Airport (SAN) is the airport you fly into and is maybe 10 minutes from the pier (if you flew in day of cruise you would see the ship on the left side of the plane as it landed). A taxi is definitely the best way to go in San Diego.

Closest hotels to the port are Holiday Inn San Diego and Best Western Bayside.

Nothing wrong at all with the Best Western or Holiday Inn but if you are wanting something a bit nicer, you have a Sheridan, Marriot and Hyatt all in the same general area. All hotels in that area will provide shuttle services. The airport and the pier are all within minutes of each other. There are also several resturants and shops centrally located. If you fly in a day early, there are many sights to see all right there, you can shop in SeaPort Village (a touristy shopping area with shops and resturants), tour the Midway if thats your thing, or the world famous Zoo is within a few minutes from you too, all within a 5 minute cab ride...tons to see and do, you will love our city...have a great time...

If you want 4 stars, then I would recommend (a little further from the port) the following:

Wyndham San Diego at Emerald Plaza (very close)

The Omni San Diego

The Manchester Grand Hyatt

Hotel Solamar (very trendy)

500 West

W

The Westgate Hotel

San Diego Mariott Hotel & Marina

Sheraton Suites San Diego

The Horton Grand Hotel

You can find a lot of them listed, including a map at this website:

http://www.sandiegohotels.com

The US Grant is being completely redone, but won't be completed before your trip.

You could also stay at the Hotel del Coronado, but you would need to take about a $25 cab ride each way.

Archived