Snorkelling in St John's Antigua

Ottawa_cruise_man

My DW and I are cruising on the Jewel Of the Seas out of FLL on Feb 10, 2007. We'll be in St. John on Feb 14th 2007 (Valentine's Day!), and we wanted to do a bit of snorkelling that day, plus some shopping and lunch in a nice restaurant.

So, I'm looking for advice on where to go. I wanted to snorkle in the morning, then find a good spot for lunch, then shop in the afternoon. Any ideas on where to swim and eat? I think I can figure out the shopping part.

We're supposed to be in port from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and would like to be back on board around 3:00 pm for an afternoon snooze! ;)

This is our first cruise, so we're a bit hesitant about venturing too for from port, plus I don't want to waste any time trying to find places to go to once there: thus I ask my fellow CCers for their advice in this department.

So, just to be sure: we're looking for a place not too far away from port for snorkelling: I heard there are some nice reafs in Antigua - just not sure where. Then I was hoping for a nice restaurant for lunch. I like to eat local foods when touring - DW's a bit picky in that department, but I'm sure any clean restaurant with good service would be just fine.

I figure the shopping part would be easy to fulfill: I think the tourism bureau of St. John has that part figured out so people like my DW & I can easily spend our hard-earned cash!

Thanking you all in advance,

Cheerrs,

Laurent

Archived