Air question

crewsin250

I have a question about booking air through Celebrity, I think it is standard to have a fee charged to pick a certain time or flight plus differents in price. But what if the price is cheaper than what they are charging, can you get the price differents credited back to your package.

Thanks for any help on this question.

Paul

The pricing X offers is what it is. The price for the flight is usually going to be less than what X is charging. There will not be a credit. However, if you book through an agent, you can have them book it. Spend the time until final payment is due looking for cheaper airfare. If you find it, cancel X's airfare and book your own. Check with your agent and make sure they don't have any fees associated with this.

If you can do better, and most people can, by buying your own go for it.

I have taken nearly 40 cruises.

Depending on the situation, I will often take the crusie line airfar. But after one bad set of flights, I always pay the deviation fee. It is now free for me on Celebrity since I am an Elite member.

The deviation fee will not give you cheaper prices. But you can select your exact flights and very soon after you book the cruise. Your TA can book the flights and get seat assignments too.

Why pay the fee? I live in San Diego and was going on a Miami cruise. They assigned me a flight from San Diego to Ontario, California. Then to Chicago. Then to Miami. We left around 6:30AM and got to Miami around 10:00PM. I was expecting a flight more like SAN to Atlanta, then Miami or SAN LAX then Miami. I would have been to Miami around 5:30PM.

And we sat in something like row 43. One other tip. West coast cruisers usually get a free hotel night in Miami if you book thru the cruise line.

There are pros and cons to using the cruise line air program. The pro is that if your flight is delayed, Celebrity will hold up the ship or pay for all of your expenses to the next port- hotel, etc. This is like having insurance.

On the con side- and this is why I don't use it- they fly you the cheapest way possible. Rarely do you get a nonstop at good times of the day. I have heard people complain about the connections, etc.

I try to fly in the day before or very early on the day of departure. So far, so good. With 18 cruises under my belt- I have missed a ship yet and have never used the cruise air program.

Always go a day early-less stressful and no planes, trains, and automobiles. Book your own airfare and save time and money!!JMHO!!:)

I personally don't like being transferred on busses with a gazillion others-it feels like rounding up cattle......:p

Archived