Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port

rgrls

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great info...what a great thing this cruise critic is!

Is anyone familiar with the Courtyard Marriott Airport and Cruise Port in FLL? I have booked it for our pre-cruise night in Nov (all of the "recommended hotels" were booked up). Will this be ok? Is it in a decent neighbourhood? Any good restaurants around?

Thanks for the input!

Liz

Hi Bequia,

Thanks for the search (I'm new to these boards). I see that much of the info in them came from you! The Islamorada Fish Co Restaurant looks great! Would it be worth our while to cab it to Las Olas Blvd.? I've heard it's a "must do" in FL.

Liz

Liz, If you had a full day I'd say sure go for it. Take a taxi to the Ft Lauderdale Grande then hop on the water taxi to the Las Olas riverfront stop. If your arriving in the afternoon and cruising the next morning I'd save it for my next visit and just walk next door to Bass Pro do some shopping and have dinner there. ;)

Hi, Liz. My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard in mid Sept and loved it. We got in at midnight, flight was delayed, but they still came and got us. Very nice people, great room. Inexpensive breakfast. Then the trip to the port was easy and on time. We are sailing out of FLL again in the last weekend in January and checked the Courtyard first but the rooms are over $300 for that weekend, and it is not even Super Bowl yet! :-)

So we are debating Holiday Inn Express, LaQuinta, Hampton Inn Airport, or the Hilton Garden Inn Airport.

Enjoy your cruise!

Debbie

Hi, Liz. My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard in mid Sept and loved it. We got in at midnight, flight was delayed, but they still came and got us. Very nice people, great room. Inexpensive breakfast. Then the trip to the port was easy and on time. We are sailing out of FLL again in the last weekend in January and checked the Courtyard first but the rooms are over $300 for that weekend, and it is not even Super Bowl yet! :-)

So we are debating Holiday Inn Express, LaQuinta, Hampton Inn Airport, or the Hilton Garden Inn Airport.

Enjoy your cruise!

Debbie

When in Jan r u going and what ship ? I'm staying at LaQuinta on 26th

We are going to be in FLL on the 27th, and sailing on the Radiance beginning on the 28th.

I hear good things about the LaQuinta. I have been trying to find something good with one of my hotel rewards programs so I can get credit toward a free night but we may end up there anyway! :-)

Debbie

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great info...what a great thing this cruise critic is!

Is anyone familiar with the Courtyard Marriott Airport and Cruise Port in FLL? I have booked it for our pre-cruise night in Nov (all of the "recommended hotels" were booked up). Will this be ok? Is it in a decent neighbourhood? Any good restaurants around?

Thanks for the input!

Liz

Please could anyone tell me if there is a grocery store near by that might sell water and beer? We need a hotel for Jan. 13 2007 for precruise on the Radiance. Thanks

Archived