Summit: Jan 6, 07 These wonderful boards!

UB & AS

Before registering as a cc I had not known about the cruise reviews but since then (not so long ago either) I have probably spent 20+ hours on them. It seems you read one entry and it leads to another site or another entry. I am learning so much about what is ahead in January and still have another 13 weeks to go.

The Ports of Call is especially interesting. I have found some great shore excursions and also some to stay away from! Repeated mention of David McCullogh's book The Path Between the Seas sounds like a good read prior to sailing and I ordered it from the library yesterday. Mention of the SCOP patch for motion sickness is also good to know about although I have my bracelets which usually keep me comfy. One person mentioned a neat little fan with an attached misting bottle to help keep cool. That is a must have for me. The site for that is: safetycentral.com. Someone, sorry but I didn't write down the names of people who posted, gave good advice about shopping at Cristobel Pier i.e. initially skip the crowded flea market and go to the far inner reaches of the "warehouse market" and work back out to the front. By that time the crowds have cleared. Another site panamacanal.com is supposed to have a lot of good info - haven't checked that one out yet.

I hope this message goes through correctly this time. I erased it once and posted in the wrong place once - I am nopy terribly technical!

Sandy

Archived