Have you ever been asked .....

pnhmrk

..... For your World Club card?

Cunard are being very slow in issuing their new WC cards. Has anyone ever been asked to show theirs (their card:p )? Have you ever had to prove that you're entitled to priority check-in? Is there any point in having a card (other that to make you feel good towards the brand and to book it rather than another line)?:confused:

..... For your World Club card?

Cunard are being very slow in issuing their new WC cards. Has anyone ever been asked to show theirs (their card:p )? Have you ever had to prove that you're entitled to priority check-in? Is there any point in having a card (other that to make you feel good towards the brand and to book it rather than another line)?:confused:

No, no, and I don't know. And I didn't know that they are issuing new WC cards either; I never got an old one.

Paul

no...and last January in the scrum at Southampton I said to one of the ladies marshalling the queue that I had rather lost track, and it was quite a few crossings since I'd got my gold pin..... and she rather charmingly said 'Oh you look like Platinum to me' so off we went into the short queue....in the booking my 'trenches promotion' to Platimum was there too - so if I had got to the check-in without it I don't know wat would have happened - no purple boarding card for me.....

Peter

Malcolm,

In six Cunard ruises, I have never been asked. It is on your booking, presumable, so they know! And I still have my original card (With the old number) from 10 or more years ago!

Karie,

Who is on the cusp of platinum. I hope they count the labor day! Average it with the Panama 12 days, and you've got over two weeks!

I still have my original card (With the old number) from 10 or more years ago!

How odd that you mention that - I found my old card yesterday! It's only a seven digit number, and on the back one of the benefits it offers if "Preferred Cunard World Club check-in". I'd forgotten that they used to do check-in by individual restaurants and World Club.

And dammit, man, I WANT MY CARD.

:D

Actually, as useless as I guess they are, there is something neat about them. I know my kids will show up to dinner every now and then with their gold pins.

Hmmm, wonder what we do in June when the platinum ones show up... Hawk them to new passengers, maybe? Melt them down? Sell that ruby?

Archived